Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Luteolin

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by ramakentesh, Mar 22, 2013.

1. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

Hi curious if anyone has tried this potent anti-oxidant, suppressor of cerebral cytokines and many other effects.

2. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I have, at doses of up to 300 mg, though typically I take around 80 mg daily. It does help a bit with reducing brain inflammation, and as a result, reduces anxiety symptoms. A dose of around 300 mg of luteolin will reduce IL-6 by a massive 90%.1

Though nothing beats the power of N-acetylglucosamine.

3. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

Thank you hip that is great information. I wonder - do you have oi and any benefit?

4. adreno

adreno PR activist

It's terribly expensive though. Anyone know a good source?

5. Rand56

Rand56 Senior Member

Myrtle Beach, SC
    I don't know a good source of pure luteolin, but apparently it is in artichoke extract. This seemed to be the source of choice for it and it's PDE-4 inhibitor properties for the folks at Longecity doing the CILTEP stack.

6. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I have a a bit of POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome), but I did not test to see if luteolin improves it.

7. invisiblejungle

invisiblejungle Senior Member

Chicago suburbs
    I tried Neuroprotek but found it too stimulating. Some of the mothers of autistic children have mentioned that it led to hyperactivity.

heyitisjustin likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.