• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lungs Destroyed Scarred from Cigarettes

physicsstudent13

I have terrible incurable asthma and cannot exhale at all. Is there anything that can repair damage from cigarettes?
I also have a calcified granuloma and want to thake antibiotics to cure the infection
I think I stroke out every night with hypoxia of 63% and during the day my O2 drops to 70% suddenly with 125 bpm tachycardia.

I've been taking hydroxo cobalamin to lower my cyanide levels. Is there anything else that could at all possibly help??

physicsstudent13

How does NAC help? I thought maybe it could damage the lungs....

I still can't exhale at all even on prednisone. My pulmonologist before he passed away believed in regular courses of prednisone to prevent the progression of asthma. I tried it maybe 3 courses a year for a week, but my lung function stil deteriorated to such a terrible level that I can't exhale anymore and I stop breathing in my sleep.
at this point with the granuloma I want to try some courses of antiboitics to see if that will help my poor scarred lungs. I'd love to do HBOT but I can't afford it and I think you need to do 21 treatments

physicsstudent13

yeah I read that online. prednisone may cause diabetes and boneloss. I'm taking hydroxo b12 at 10000mcg day now. Is there a cheaper source than $20 a bottle?
I've been taking NAC for a long time now and my liver levels are normal on all the blood tests for AST ALT.

there is a medication losartan that may help repair smoking damage

Last edited:

physicsstudent13

if you have a granuloma and you were exposed to tuberculosis for years from your family what would you take for that? I was working overseas on faculty and probably have infectious diseases from there. I was looking at ampicillin and tinidazole