1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lugol's iodine dosage

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Min, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    Please can someone who takes Lugol's iodine drops tell me what dosage they take? Certain that I have an underactive thyroid not picked up by UK national health testing, I've been painting the soles of my feet with iodine tincture each night but have now ordered the drops to try. thanks

(I know Armour thyroid is much better but the customs charge doubles the price)

2. Tammie

Tammie Senior Member

Woodridge, IL
    I am not currenlty taking iodine and don't really know a doseage amt to tell you, but I have read quite a bit about the thyroid (I don't convert T4 to T3 well).....and I just wanted to let you know that I have read that they are learning that idodine also needs selenium to work properly.....and people often need to supplement with both. I have not been able to find info about the amts of either, but from what I ahve read, it is really important.

3. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    Thank you Tammie, I didn't know that.

4. Hysterical Woman

Hysterical Woman Senior Member

East Coast
    Hi Min,

I don't take iodine, but am considering it. I don't know about dosages specifically for CFS, but this article about dosing iodine in general looked interesting.

Let us know how you are doing on it.

Good Luck,

Maxine

http://iodine.imva.info/index.php/iodine-dosages/

5. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    thank you, that link is very informative

See more popular forum discussions.