• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lowering over methylation without niacin?? Please help!!

caledonia

Thank you for your answer!
Only food doesn't help me. Niacin is helping me, but not 100%.

I'm also feeling gut contractions all the time, a bit of constipation and much less hungry than before I induced this state. I think my ability to digest foods is impaired, not the gut but all my system now. I can't handle stress, seriously, I almost faint no matter what kind of stress happen. This is why I'm in my home and don't get off anymore.

Before I used TMG, I was dealing with a brain fog caused by my last use of methyl folate + hydroxocobalamin. I used low dose of b12, maybe I induced a b12 deficiency also, but this a month ago. I'll try just to use hydroxocobalamin now, need to stop niacin becaus it's hurting a lot my pancreas and thyroid.

Problems handling stress could either be high or low cortisol. Low cortisol can cause lower stomach acid which could cause problems digesting meats. Some betaine hydrochloride could be helpful, but in some people it does convert to TMG. So I think I would be cautious about trying that. Low cortisol can also cause problems with electrolyte wasting (lack of magnesium and possibly potassium could cause constipation).

Are you by any chance craving salt or salty foods?

What happens when you try these tests: http://www.adrenalfatiguerecovery.com/adrenal-function-tests.html

Let me know the results of the adrenal tests, then I can tell you more about what might be going on with your gut.

I hadn't any problems with adrenal before. I used to practice boxing! And run!
#1 haven't the blood pressure cuff
#2 contracted at first but then relax and contract
#3 red

I don't think the main issue is adrenal. All my organs probably are messed, my thyroid, my pancreas and my adrenals.
This is all involving my methyl uses and TMG. I wasn't like this before! I don't know if this is all due over methylation or/and a folate trap! This is the root

Because I used, at first -> 400mcg methyl folate and 500mcg hydroxocobalamin 2 times. Then started to feel blurry vision and brain fog. Then I used a liquid that contains TMG 500mg 3 times, and omg, I started to have paranoia.

Niacin helped me with these mental symptoms, but it hurts a lot my pancreas! At least no paranoia, but I can't get off my home because I can't handle 1 second of stress.

My life is totally fucked and used to be good, I just had 2 symptoms that could be adressed without methyl stuffs. Now I can't handle stress, can't go to work, can't eat correctly. Tried to use hydroxocobalamin before, just felt spacey and weak.

I can't live like this anymore.

I'm also feeling gut contractions all the time, a bit of constipation and much less hungry than before I induced this state

For what it's worth, one of the main symptoms of low b12 for me is a loss of appetite (oh and feeling like total crap). Might be worth taking a methylcobalamin sublingual or two to see if it makes you feel a little better.

I'll try b6 with b12 again, never used b6 alone, idk I'll just try...

B complex give me worsening of symptoms

Do you know your copper and zinc status? I'm asking because what you're going through sounds very similar to what I went through a few years ago when I got put on methyl vitamins. A true overmethylator will be high in copper. Zinc may look like it is normal, but the ratio will be off in favor of too much copper, so more zinc will be needed. There are other things besides food and niacin that raise histamine levels. Just search things that raise histamine levels. Vitamin C is a natural antihistamine and can really mess up an overmethylator. I cannot add a link, but there is a website that has a simple explanation. Search 2.3 histapenia/histadelia. It should bring up an orthomolecular treatment website. Do you fit in either of these categories? Also look at 2.4 pyroluria on the same page.

I also take digestive enzymes. My digestion was completely messed up. My favorite ones are Digest Basic (not the one with probiotics).

caledonia

For the gut, you can try digestive enzymes for overall digestion, either magnesium or fiber can help with constipation.

For the hydroxy, depending on if it's kind of a toxic reaction (in other words, not overmethylation), you can try some baking soda water. (follow the directions on the box for the standard dose for indigestion). Sip slowly. This helps neutralize it.

If it's more like overmethylation, the other thing Ben Lynch said to try was curcurmin.

Stop experimenting with methyl supplements!!!! (B12, folate, TMG, etc) I don't understand why you would take something again that made you feel bad before.

Please consult with a methylation doctor - there are several who work by phone and email and will work with people in other countries.

There are links to two practitioner lists, see my signature link.

Do you know your copper and zinc status? I'm asking because what you're going through sounds very similar to what I went through a few years ago when I got put on methyl vitamins. A true overmethylator will be high in copper. Zinc may look like it is normal, but the ratio will be off in favor of too much copper, so more zinc will be needed. There are other things besides food and niacin that raise histamine levels. Just search things that raise histamine levels. Vitamin C is a natural antihistamine and can really mess up an overmethylator. I cannot add a link, but there is a website that has a simple explanation. Search 2.3 histapenia/histadelia. It should bring up an orthomolecular treatment website. Do you fit in either of these categories? Also look at 2.4 pyroluria on the same page.
First of all, thank you for your answer.

Before my over methylation induced state, Zinc and Copper were well balanced. I have some symptoms of histapenia. Before I induced this state of overmethylation, my main problem were: low motivation, low libido and hypoglicemia attacks during the night. But I was very happy, my life was good.
I just used methyl stuff because the first time I used mfolate and mb12, I had an incredible good reaction. But I forgot I also used 100mg niacin that time, and I was giving all merits to methyl folate and methyl b12. I haven't any MTHFR mutation, only MTRR, but before this experiment mb12 did nothing good to me. So, niacin was the big guy who had help. Ok, also folate and b12 a little bit because they have some part on histamines.

For the gut, you can try digestive enzymes for overall digestion, either magnesium or fiber can help with constipation.

For the hydroxy, depending on if it's kind of a toxic reaction (in other words, not overmethylation), you can try some baking soda water. (follow the directions on the box for the standard dose for indigestion). Sip slowly. This helps neutralize it.

If it's more like overmethylation, the other thing Ben Lynch said to try was curcurmin.

Stop experimenting with methyl supplements!!!! (B12, folate, TMG, etc) I don't understand why you would take something again that made you feel bad before.

Please consult with a methylation doctor - there are several who work by phone and email and will work with people in other countries.

There are links to two practitioner lists, see my signature link.

I'll try fiber. I'm not taking any methyl supplement.
I'm just taking small doses of hydroxy now, don't know if it can cause some harm, but maybe no.
I'll attack every hypothesis. I induced a folate trap before my over methylation state, and ammonia build up is also a hypothesis (have 2 +/- cbs), so:
Eating yucca root (yea eat, here in my country is very easy to find), use hydrox b12 and also small doses of b6 to aid excitotoxity and pancreas.

-> I stopped taking niacin, and my blood glucose is increasing a lot. Niacin increases insulin production (lowers my BG, I measured), but it causes insulin insensibility. Need to take a break of at least 20days to let my system calm down.

ps: I'm dealing with hyperventilation and gut contractions 24/7. Pretty sure dealing with excitotocity that can be harmful with time.

Hydroxycobalamin is a form of B12 which converts to both methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin.
Doesn't every cobalamin converts to methylcobalamin? To convert to methyl cobalamin, wouldn't b12 uses 1 methyl group?

I don't know what's happening to my body, if just overmethylation with ou without methyl trap, or excess ammonia due over methylation.... I know I have excitotocity symptoms like hyperventilation, high anxiety, constipation and feeling dizzy. Never had these things before.

I need to use some kind of neuroprotector till these things go away of my body, don't know what

I'll measure blood b12, ammonia and folate to have a clue

Hi Irwin,

Sorry to hear about your problems. But I have a story that is very similar to yours. Only I've been dealing with this for a longer time. So I'd like to know, how are things going now? Did you ever figure out what was causing all these problems??

My story in short. I took Mb12 and some other stuff almost a year ago. And my life has been hell ever since. It has totally destroyed everything for me.

These are only some of the symptoms, but since last year I've lost a massive amount of weight, which hasn't stopped, no appetite at all, and I'm dealing with extreme constipation, I'm feeling sick and tired all the time.. Before all this I was, like yourself, a very active person..

I hope your story turns out better than mine..