1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lower Dose Ampligen

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by Daffodil, Jul 13, 2011.

1. LaurelW

LaurelW Senior Member

Utah
    Somebody I was talking to suggested that even if it doesn't get approved, the FDA couldn't shut it down completely since it's in the category of drugs for conditions where there is no other treatment.

2. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Yes, I'm not sure either of course...but it is very, very odd that they've tried to promote it for many different uses over the years, yet it still hasn't been approved for any of them.

???

3. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

maybe its the fact that no one knows how it works, that is causing the problem. have we ever had a drug like that?

4. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    I believe I heard that how Aspirin works is not even known? And how long has that stuff been around, about 100 years?

GG

5. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    they dont know how most drugs work, maybe there will be an undrground cfs drug trafficking????

6. slayadragon

slayadragon Senior Member

twitpic.com/photos/SlayaDragon
    It would help if the drug worked consistently, rather than just helping a few patients a lot and many patients not at all.

It's my belief that most of the people who are approved for Ampligen are living in conditions of extreme toxicity, which is what's causing them to be experiencing the high levels of inflammation that cause pathogens to thrive.

Even if the Ampligen modulates this somewhat, reducing the inflammation and allowing their systems to target the bugs better, it may not be enough to overcome the handicap of the inflammatory toxins.

What we need is a trial where only people who are living in "okay" conditions (not extreme avoidance, just a decently non-moldy house in a place without horrific levels of outdoor toxins) use the drug. If they all improved a lot, it would suggest a strategy for how we might better use the drug and (thus) get it approved.

Best, Lisa

7. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    i suppose its not just how the drug works but also the right diagnosis of infection/s

See more popular forum discussions.