1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Low vitamin B12 levels may lead to brain shrinkage

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by RustyJ, Sep 26, 2011.

1. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Brisbane, Aust
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2011-09-vitamin-b12-brain-shrinkage-cognitive.html
  2. Boule de feu

Boule de feu Senior Member

Ottawa, Canada
  3. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Brisbane, Aust
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/forumdisplay.php?49-Detox-Methylation\B12\Glutathione\Chelation\... Start reading.

Seriously, 1000 (iu/mcg?) taken ingested will not give you anything as absorption is low. It has to be at least taken sublingually as a lozenge for an hour or more. :Retro smile:
  4. L'engle

L'engle moderate ME

Canada
    Please also don't take cyanocobalamin, the typical type of B12 found in most vitamins. The thread 'B-12 The hidden Story' talks about why other forms of B12 are better: methylcobalamin, hydroxocobalamin and adenosylcobalamin. It's worth looking into! Lots of use are seeing some improvements on Freddd's and RichVanK's protocols.
  5. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member

England
    Surely this is really, really old news?

B12 deficiency is a known risk factor for cognitive issues resulting from organic brain changes, otherwise known as dementia.

I'm slightly puzzled as to why a new study has been published on it, given it's accepted as medical fact anyway.
  6. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Also cyanocobalamin, particularly in high doses, can be dangerous. If your detox cycle isn't working properly you can get cyanide poisoning. It happened to a member of this forum.

Sushi
  7. Boule de feu

Boule de feu Senior Member

Ottawa, Canada
    Oops! My mistake. It's not B12 but D.

See more popular forum discussions.