Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Low sulfite diet and Sulfite XX

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by littlebird6180, May 5, 2017.

1. littlebird6180

littlebird6180 Senior Member

I've been doing a lot better but still seem to struggle with crashed after I eat. Long story short, my doctor says because of a genetic mutation I have, my body isn't getting rid of sulfur fast enough and so it's built up. She wants me to eat a low-sulfite diet for two weeks while taking Sulfite XX by epigenetics. She said she's seen vast improvement in similar patients who have done this.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this - particularly taking the supplement. I found so little written about the supplement on the website - it doesn't even give an overview. So any info is gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!

belize44 likes this.
  2. Basilico

Basilico Florida

I haven't used this supplement, so I can't comment on it.

My husband and I both have mutations that should theoretically cause problems with sulphur. We did a sulphur free diet for 2 weeks and saw no improvement...afterward we went back to eating sulphur foods and felt the same. Afterward, I read about how critical sulphur is to many processes, so restricting it long term is not a great idea.

Who knows, maybe it will help you...worth a try, there's not much to lose.

3. littlebird6180

littlebird6180 Senior Member

it's only two weeks, so no long-term risk. Just to clean out the accumulation

See more popular forum discussions.