The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

low Oxlate diet

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by A zombie, Jan 26, 2016.

1. A zombie

A zombie

Can anyone asset with helping me navigate through a low OX diet? believe ox to be causing lots of issues.Is there a good website for recipes???

2. shannah

shannah Senior Member

The best place I know of is this Yahoo group where the list owner is also a researcher into oxalate.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups...RzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzE0NTM4Mzk4NzU-

I've gone this route and it is a lot of work but they are very helpful. They have extensive food lists broken down with oxalate values and do regular testing on foods. They also have some very knowledgeable people and recipe files.

3. A zombie

A zombie

i tried the group before and i just found it very hard to navigate through. It was more frustrating than anything.

4. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    Yes it is. I've attached my own summary of foods based on data from the group. It is not meant to be exhaustive, just foods I might want to eat. Nor to I include all oxalate values. I've tried to create easy categories that will result in a medium oxalate diet without going to too much trouble. I do indicate some values to indicate things like the effect of cooking methods.

I've also attached my summary of info on oxalates taken from the group and website.

Attached Files:

Oci, helen1 and A zombie like this.
  5. A zombie

A zombie

thank you, yes that group is impossible to follow and is more frustrating than anything...I will check out your files, thanks. I feel like there is a lot of contradicting info out there

6. A zombie

A zombie

WOW, thanks , this is great, and so comprehensive ;)just printed it!!!!!! TY!
    another question, and i will make a new thread for this, but i just got new HCL . I have drops from Dr Clark. They don't say the mg's , but to not exceed 45 drops a day.
    I started HCL a few days ago (using up the last of an older container) i only had enough for two days . i was taking 4 caps per meal and i didnt feel the burn... i then ran out.I just received Dr clarks drops.
    I took 15 drops before the meal. My head hurts V bad after dinner (chicken /rice /coconut milk soup kinda thing) and i was slightly itchy and nose had a little drip. Not dripping. I was leaning towards histamine, which ui'm so hoping its not as i cant handle another thing... another restriction...
    i wondered if i took too high of dose of the HCL and headache is a reaction???

See more popular forum discussions.