Jen Brea launches mass-advocacy platform — #MEAction goes live!
Jen Brea is a phenomenon. After working as a freelance writer in China and Africa, she enrolled for a PhD at Harvard in political science but, four years ago, got sick. She had a fever that lasted ten days.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Low Hemoglobin

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by roxie60, Dec 21, 2013.

1. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Anyone have consistent low hemoglobin? What are the possible causes? My Aunt has had low HGB for some time. She has been thru a lot of surgeries in past couple of years. They cant seem to find a reason. Are there any genetic issues related to predisposition to low HGB? Grasping for straws, want her to feel better. She has a lot on her plate. I am concerned for her health.

2. fromstrawtomore

fromstrawtomore blog launching 2015

Brisbane, Australia
    I had progressive decreasing hemoglobin since being ill with ME/CFS, it went from 138 in 2001 to 101 (g/L 135-180 male rang) in 2006. It was labelled by doctors as anemia of chronic disease. It normalised on the simplified methylation protocol going up to 145 (2011). I took a year break from the SMP in 2012 and it decreased down to 130. I restarted SMP/active B12 in 2013 and its slowly rising again. This year it is 132.

justy likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.