• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low Hemoglobin

roxie60

Anyone have consistent low hemoglobin? What are the possible causes? My Aunt has had low HGB for some time. She has been thru a lot of surgeries in past couple of years. They cant seem to find a reason. Are there any genetic issues related to predisposition to low HGB? Grasping for straws, want her to feel better. She has a lot on her plate. I am concerned for her health.

I had progressive decreasing hemoglobin since being ill with ME/CFS, it went from 138 in 2001 to 101 (g/L 135-180 male rang) in 2006. It was labelled by doctors as anemia of chronic disease. It normalised on the simplified methylation protocol going up to 145 (2011). I took a year break from the SMP in 2012 and it decreased down to 130. I restarted SMP/active B12 in 2013 and its slowly rising again. This year it is 132.