1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Low Hemoglobin

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by roxie60, Dec 21, 2013.

1. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Anyone have consistent low hemoglobin? What are the possible causes? My Aunt has had low HGB for some time. She has been thru a lot of surgeries in past couple of years. They cant seem to find a reason. Are there any genetic issues related to predisposition to low HGB? Grasping for straws, want her to feel better. She has a lot on her plate. I am concerned for her health.

2. fromstrawtomore

fromstrawtomore blog launching mid 2014

Brisbane, Australia
    I had progressive decreasing hemoglobin since being ill with ME/CFS, it went from 138 in 2001 to 101 (g/L 135-180 male rang) in 2006. It was labelled by doctors as anemia of chronic disease. It normalised on the simplified methylation protocol going up to 145 (2011). I took a year break from the SMP in 2012 and it decreased down to 130. I restarted SMP/active B12 in 2013 and its slowly rising again. This year it is 132.

justy likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.