1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Science to Patients: Talking ME, Exercise and the Mitochondria - with Dr Charles Shepherd
The latest video release from the Dutch group ME/cvs Vereniging, with Dr Charles Shepherd from the UK ME Association, and announcing a live chat session to be held Thursday, April 10, 2014...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Low glutamate diet

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by Bdeep86, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Bdeep86

Bdeep86

Hey i'm not sure if this is the right place to put this. I have very bad glutamate issues i'm starting to realize. I want to start addressing this through diet. It seems like all I can find are things not to eat, and i'm not really sure what I can actually eat because their are multiple avenues that food raises glutamate. Also not sure what I need to limit the intake too milligram wise. Was wondering if anyone can give me some insight on this. Thank you!
  2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I'm doing this. What works for me is to simply avoid all processed food/spices/sauces because most of it contains MSG, and then avoid the four foods naturally high in glutamate - peas, tomatoes, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
    slayadragon likes this.
  3. Bdeep86

Bdeep86

What foods are you eating then? How are you results? Can you give me an example of a meal you might have

See more popular forum discussions.