• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low ferritin - improvement with iron shots anyone ?

globalpilot

If memory serves (ha), amy yasko warns her clients off iron because it's a virulence factor for gut bugs and of course we all know that dysbiosis is a big part of this illness.

My 2 cents.

you are right Aquariusgirl. that's why I am considering shots as they would bypass the malfunctioning dysbiotic gut.

Glynis Steele

Hi Globalpilot,

I am not sure where in the world you are but here in the UK there is iron rich mineral water called Spatone, I have posted a link to it. I go to a Specific Carbohydtrate Diet discussion group, where there are people there who have bowel diseases, and they agree that iron supps increase their symptoms, and the theory there is it encourages gut bugs. Several people have tried Spatone, and their iron levels have increase, without causing symptoms.

http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/en-gb/uk/our-brands/spatone/spatone/

BW

Glynis