1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Low ferritin - improvement with iron shots anyone ?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by globalpilot, Dec 4, 2010.

1. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    you are right Aquariusgirl. that's why I am considering shots as they would bypass the malfunctioning dysbiotic gut.

2. Glynis Steele

Glynis Steele Senior Member

Newcastle upon Tyne UK
    Hi Globalpilot,

I am not sure where in the world you are but here in the UK there is iron rich mineral water called Spatone, I have posted a link to it. I go to a Specific Carbohydtrate Diet discussion group, where there are people there who have bowel diseases, and they agree that iron supps increase their symptoms, and the theory there is it encourages gut bugs. Several people have tried Spatone, and their iron levels have increase, without causing symptoms.

http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/en-gb/uk/our-brands/spatone/spatone/

BW

Glynis

See more popular forum discussions.