• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low doses of lactulose?

Lactulose increases intestine motility and reduces food molecule contact to the intestine.

Athene

ihateticks.me
This was suicidal for me. My doctor insisted and I honestly think I have never got over the effects of taking it. It feeds all the evil bacteria in your intestine. The effects for me were pain and more pain and so much farting I was too embarrassed to go out in public.
Most of the trouble we have in our intestines is types of sugars that we fail to absorb, fermenting in our intestine. Taking a sugar that you know will not be absorbed at all is truly insane.
For a good laxative, try using pure psyllium husk (no sugar added), with lots of water - start with a small amount and build up gradually.
If you tend to get impacted stools, use miralax. This is a super-abosrbent polymer and the only laxative other than fibre that good GIs let people use long-term.

alice1

another good remedy is taking a lot of magnesium at night...start at 1000 mgs and work you're way down to see what dosage is good for you.
it'll also help with a good nights sleep.
good luck.