1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Low Dose Sam-E Supplementation Help (with MethylFolate and B12)

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by TheMoonIsBlue, Jun 7, 2011.

1. TheMoonIsBlue

TheMoonIsBlue Senior Member

Sam-E

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone could chime in about possible LOW dose Sam-E supplementation.

2. topaz

topaz Senior Member

Hi themoonisblue

Im a newbie here and was reading several threads last night and this very issue of ocd was raised and discussed.

The search feature doesnt enable one to search for "ocd" as the word is too short and an "ocd symptoms" search only seemed to focus on the key word "symptoms".

Im 99% sure it was raised in the revised protocols thread by richvank but its now 27 pages long (http://forums.phoenixrising.me/show...fied-Methylation-Protocol-Revised-as-of-Today )

Hold on, someone will point you to the exact posts soon.

In the meantime, consider adding ocd in your title as that might get the original posters attention.

Good luck

3. TheMoonIsBlue

TheMoonIsBlue Senior Member

Hi :)

Anyone use low dose Sam-E? I was reading up on it as a treatment for PMDD also.

4. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, Moon.

Is there any chance that you might have a high body burden of mercury, such as from having a lot of amalgams, eating a lot of fish (including tuna) near the top of the food chain, living near a coal-fired power plant, or having a mercury spill (such as from a broken thermometer) in your living environment?

Rich

5. topaz

topaz Senior Member

Hi

I see that you still are not getting many responses for your question (and I remain convinced that I saw the issue of OCD symptoms discussed somewhere here).

I notice that "OCD" is not showing in the main title.

Suggest: either re-post your question again with OCD in the title or add your question to the thread link above.

I am new and cannot give you much advice but if you go better on the hydroxyb12 then either stick to that or change the brand of methylb12 - I know Freddd is very particular about brands and their effectiveness.

Best

6. topaz

topaz Senior Member

7. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi TheMoonIsBlue,

Sounds like SAM-e has kicked off cell formation and you are suffering low potassium symptoms.

Don't get confused about things, adb12 has NOTHING to do with methylation and everything to do with getting the mitochondria working at turning out ATP and for processing fatty acids for repairing the myelin.

As the range of SAM-e doses in studies has ranged from 200mg to 1600 mgs or 2400 mgs, 200 mg is on the low side. I find 100mg makes a lot of difference and 200mgs makes more and 400mgs does nothing more than 200mgs now that I have adequate Metafolin and plenty of mb12. Keep this in a sense of proportion. SAM-e is considered the "universal methylator" in the body. 100mgs of SAM-e supplies more than 1000 times as many methyl units as 1mg absorbed of methylb12.

GenDylan likes this.
  8. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi The MoonISBlue,

Below is a link to 100mg SAM-e. To get lower doses we worked out "Russian Doll" capsules. Put the small amount in the smallest capsule it will fit, then nest each size capsule in the next one up. You can get about 5-6 capsules inside each other with the SAM-e in the innermost one. That gives about 30 minutes delay.

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-SAMe-Nervous-System-Support-100-mg-60-Tablets/11020?at=0

See more popular forum discussions.