1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Low dose Naltrexone (LDN) and compounding pharmacies

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by penny, May 14, 2011.

1. jstefl

jstefl Senior Member

Brookfield, Wisconsin
    I found a syringe at Walgreens in the baby section. They are about $ 4.00.

The down side of using the water trick is that there is a limited shelf life to a jar of water in a refrigerator. You need to use very pure water, but even then, you should replace it after a couple of weeks, or you will get fuzzies growing in your jar.

John
  2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Hmm, I have heard people say 1 month with refrigeration and a couple of weeks if you do not refrigerate. I have mine compounded, so just passing along what I have heard on another forum.

FYI
  3. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Sounds like an insurance thing, perhaps you could get a 3month supply (if insurance allows), that way you could get 3 months, for 2 months copay!

GG
  4. penny

penny Senior Member

Southern California
    Just wanted to update in case anyone's interested in the process:

I received my LDN from Skip's pharmacy two days ago. My doctor called in a prescription to them, then they called me for shipping address and my credit card number. It arrived 5 days after they called (though it was a three day weekend so that may have delayed it a bit). It cost $33.90 with shipping, and they didn't ask for any of my insurance info so I'm assuming that is the full amount. I guess it's possible my doctor gave them my insurance info but that seems unlikely. It came in liquid form, 1mg per 1ml. I am not sure if my doctor prescribed the liquid or if the pharmacy decided on the form. Oh, it's a 100ml bottle, and came with a small syringe for measuring the dose.

See more popular forum discussions.