• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low dose Naltrexone (LDN) and compounding pharmacies

jstefl

I found a syringe at Walgreens in the baby section. They are about $ 4.00.

The down side of using the water trick is that there is a limited shelf life to a jar of water in a refrigerator. You need to use very pure water, but even then, you should replace it after a couple of weeks, or you will get fuzzies growing in your jar.

John

*GG*

I found a syringe at Walgreens in the baby section. They are about $ 4.00.

The down side of using the water trick is that there is a limited shelf life to a jar of water in a refrigerator. You need to use very pure water, but even then, you should replace it after a couple of weeks, or you will get fuzzies growing in your jar.

John

Hmm, I have heard people say 1 month with refrigeration and a couple of weeks if you do not refrigerate. I have mine compounded, so just passing along what I have heard on another forum.

FYI

*GG*

You only have to pay $25?? I have a $45 co-pay each month from the compounding pharmacy I go to. Since we live less that 30 miles apart, I think I need to check out other options! :p

Sounds like an insurance thing, perhaps you could get a 3month supply (if insurance allows), that way you could get 3 months, for 2 months copay!

GG

penny

Just wanted to update in case anyone's interested in the process:

I received my LDN from Skip's pharmacy two days ago. My doctor called in a prescription to them, then they called me for shipping address and my credit card number. It arrived 5 days after they called (though it was a three day weekend so that may have delayed it a bit). It cost $33.90 with shipping, and they didn't ask for any of my insurance info so I'm assuming that is the full amount. I guess it's possible my doctor gave them my insurance info but that seems unlikely. It came in liquid form, 1mg per 1ml. I am not sure if my doctor prescribed the liquid or if the pharmacy decided on the form. Oh, it's a 100ml bottle, and came with a small syringe for measuring the dose.

flitza

Drex:

I found river pharmacy at www.riverpharmacy.ca.

I do the water dilution thing also, but I am using more water to make it easier to do small doses. Using 250 ml of water means that each ml is .2 mg. Since I started at .2 mg, this has worked out pretty well. I have slowly worked my way uo to .6 mg so far.

John
Hi John! Just stumbled across this old post. You're probably one of the first I've found using such a low dose. I just started LDN at about 0.2mg myself and noticed an effect. Are you still using it? Does it help you? What is your current dose?

jstefl

This goes back a long way!

I took LDN for several years, working my way up to about 1.5 mg per dose. When I ran out I stopped for a while and didn't notice any difference, so I haven't continued with it. The gains that I made seemed to stay with me.

John