1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Low dose Naltrexone (LDN) and compounding pharmacies

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by penny, May 14, 2011.

1. jstefl

jstefl Senior Member

Brookfield, Wisconsin
    I found a syringe at Walgreens in the baby section. They are about $ 4.00.

The down side of using the water trick is that there is a limited shelf life to a jar of water in a refrigerator. You need to use very pure water, but even then, you should replace it after a couple of weeks, or you will get fuzzies growing in your jar.

John
  2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Hmm, I have heard people say 1 month with refrigeration and a couple of weeks if you do not refrigerate. I have mine compounded, so just passing along what I have heard on another forum.

FYI
  3. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Sounds like an insurance thing, perhaps you could get a 3month supply (if insurance allows), that way you could get 3 months, for 2 months copay!

GG
  4. penny

penny Senior Member

Southern California
    Just wanted to update in case anyone's interested in the process:

I received my LDN from Skip's pharmacy two days ago. My doctor called in a prescription to them, then they called me for shipping address and my credit card number. It arrived 5 days after they called (though it was a three day weekend so that may have delayed it a bit). It cost $33.90 with shipping, and they didn't ask for any of my insurance info so I'm assuming that is the full amount. I guess it's possible my doctor gave them my insurance info but that seems unlikely. It came in liquid form, 1mg per 1ml. I am not sure if my doctor prescribed the liquid or if the pharmacy decided on the form. Oh, it's a 100ml bottle, and came with a small syringe for measuring the dose.

See more popular forum discussions.