• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

low-dose hydrocortisone and provigil (modafinil) : side effects ?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Of course I agree with you .
Thanks heaps real i simply didn't know that also in Italy it can be bought without medical prescription. I'll try it and let you know . Thanks !

The only way to know is to try things but start off with low doses like 5mg and slowly increase to say 50mg. I have found and from what i have read, that transdermal pregnenolone is generally best, so maybe need a compound pharmacy to make it for you???

Its not the golden goose of treatments but it can help and can be a good part of your treatment plan.

Some people use the pregnenolone to boost cortisol but occassionally use hydrocortisone for stress dosing ie when feeling extra run down or have an up and coming event etc they will take 5-10mg of HC.

good luck.

Thanks @minkeygirl for your suggestion ! I'll talk about it with my doctor. Another question for @heapsreal, please: do you think if i stop gradually hydrocortisone (after less than 5 months of use of 15mg/daily) it'd be too late for my adrenal gland to recover and start to produce again my little cortisol ? Thank you very much. ps @hepsreal just bought some pregnenolone cream from biovea. i suppose is the same than trasndermal, isn't it ?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Thanks @minkeygirl for your suggestion ! I'll talk about it with my doctor. Another question for @heapsreal, please: do you think if i stop gradually hydrocortisone (after less than 5 months of use of 15mg/daily) it'd be too late for my adrenal gland to recover and start to produce again my little cortisol ? Thank you very much. ps @hepsreal just bought some pregnenolone cream from biovea. i suppose is the same than trasndermal, isn't it ?
there has been actual studies in cfs using that dosing, who have stopped and been fine on that sort of dose. I would still consider tapering off by dropping 5mg a week and replacing it with pregnenolone?

drob31

there has been actual studies in cfs using that dosing, who have stopped and been fine on that sort of dose. I would still consider tapering off by dropping 5mg a week and replacing it with pregnenolone?

That's a good idea. Maybe try preg + liccorice root.