• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low Dose Antigens / Immunotherapy (LDA/LDI) Lyme

Can anyone shed light on what they have experienced or know about LDA/LDI in regards to a new technique that seems to be working for so many. I came across this interview with Dr. Ty Vincent in Alaska who seems to be pioneering this form of treatment with remarkable results. This interviewhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Dnq_0iZGU (start about 25 minutes into recording. It's one of three interviews, all equally compelling) got my attention. I have now contacted the one doctor in London where I am who Dr. Vincent has trained in this approach and made an appointment. I'd like to hear from anyone who has information or can share info on this as it has me quite excited at the prospect of some hope. I have been severely ill for 2.5 years, firstly diagnosed with CFS/Fibromyalgia and then 3 months ago tested positive for Lyme Disease. So for me any ray of light out of this suffering is something I'm looking at!

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Lemnia - I don't know anything about LDA/LDI but it looks very very interesting. My sister has either rheumatoid arthritis or lyme, or rheumatoid lyme - in any event, she's floundering, trying so many different things, trying to avoid the toxic RA drugs.

Let us know how your appointment goes!

Best wishes -

msf

I don't know much about this, but I don't think any Lyme association suggests treating Lyme with LDA/LDI. I would be suspicious of this if they haven't published any papers.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Lemnia - I just watched the video - it's fascinating. It's an interview with Dr. Ty Vincent, who is in Wasilla Alaska. He says he has successfully treated several autoimmune conditions, including rheumatoid arthritis, with LDA therapy. He considers lyme to be an autoimmune condition - he says the problem is not the pathogens involved, but the body's response to those pathogens. What I was so glad to hear is that he has seen patients via Skype, and mailed them the antigen. I was listening to the video (it's an hour) and getting discouraged because he's in Alaska until he mentioned Skype. So I'm going to pass this on to my sister and may even consider it myself.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Lemnia, we are using Strep and Mycoplasma/ chlamydia pneumonia Ldi with Dr Ty Vincent and seeing results (FIRST real fever!), but early days so will report more in next few weeks. We will do Lyme and inhalants Ldi next. Can you post the ñame of London Dr.? I know someone there keen to start.

Hi, Good to hear you are doing well. I did not feel comfortable staying with the London doctor, we left the £400. consult without confidence in him or the experience he has with this. I then contacted quite a lot of people on Ty Vincent's list of doctors he has trained and I found one in CT willing to treat me via Skype. My consult was on Friday last week and they are shipping me my first Lyme dose of 15c which should arrive next week! Lyme dose first and then the yeast at 15C. I am excited to be on my was to trying it. I will also ask about the Mycoplasma/Chlamydia pneumonia LDI as I tested positive for these. Keep me posted on how you all do and the best of luck to you!

girlinthesnow

I had EPD with Dr McEwen in 1995 for multiple food intolerances. It was disastrous, I lost the ability to eat many more foods and have never been able to tolerate them since. I had a bad response to the first treatment, he insisted this was common and I would need to have more doses. I had one more lot, developed migraines and lost more foods. I stopped. It is one of the worst things I have done as it permanently decreased my quality of life.

Gingergrrl

I had EPD with Dr McEwen in 1995 for multiple food intolerances. It was disastrous, I lost the ability to eat many more foods and have never been able to tolerate them since. I had a bad response to the first treatment, he insisted this was common and I would need to have more doses. I had one more lot, developed migraines and lost more foods. I stopped. It is one of the worst things I have done as it permanently decreased my quality of life.

@girlinthesnow What is EPD and is the the same as LDI or something different? I am a novice to this and still learning all the terms and trying to determine if LDI is something that could potentially help me. But the idea of losing more foods would be disastrous to me as I had severe MCAS which is now fairly well controlled on multiple meds.

girlinthesnow

Gingergrrl, I think your concerns are justified. Iif you listen to the first few minutes of the link @Sushi posted, Dr Vincent explains that this was the origin of LDI.

Dr Myhill gives a form of EPD, when I was a patient I told her about my experience. She said it was unusual but not unique. I'd met another of Dr McEwen's patients at his clinic and he'd also had a negative outcome.

I don't remember Dr McEwen's explanation of how this might occur nor do I know if it's now possible to test for a likely negative outcome. His final recommendation was that I continue to have treatments but I decided against this.
: http://www.voiceamerica.com/show/2356/the-cutting-edge-of-health-and-wellness-today

edited to add: Listening again EPD = LDA, not certain LDA = LDI?

I do think his use of LDI using sterilised stool is very interesting and a treatment I'm investigating.

@girlinthesnow What is EPD and is the the same as LDI or something different? I am a novice to this and still learning all the terms and trying to determine if LDI is something that could potentially help me. But the idea of losing more foods would be disastrous to me as I had severe MCAS which is now fairly well controlled on multiple meds.

Last edited:

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Still not convinced that LDI would be safe with MCAD's .

Breakspear calls there allergy desensitisation programme LDI - low dose immunotherapy where you are given a very small dose of the thing you are allergic to, is this LDI the same thing? it is supposed to train the immune system to accept the allergen.

If you have MCAD's then you need to avoid your allergens in order to heal, not the other way round. Exposure causes either proliferation of mast cells (and when you have too many, the number stay high, they cant go down again) or increased degranulation. I was horrified to learn Bekapsear suggested I do LDI without finding out if I had MCAD's. in fact I have MCAS and wouldn't touch their version of LDI with a barge pole!

But, as I cant treat Lyme etc with abx or herbs currently I would like to find an alternative...

justy

I've done some more research on this. Dr. Vincent is very expensive, even via Skype. But I did find some links with more info on LDA/LDI therapy, and a link with doctors who do this: http://www.drshrader.com/lda_physicians.htm

http://www.drshrader.com/lda_therapy.htm

I'm seriously considering giving this a try, am getting more information from doctors in southern California who do this.
Dr Shrader is still talking about regular LDA, which developed from EPD. sill trying to work pout how this LDI is different...can anyone explain?

justy

From the interview linked to above:

Dr. Ty Vincent who has developed the new healing protocols for Low Dose Immunotherapy. As a veteran integrative family physician working in Alaska and Hawaii, Dr. Vincent realized that the Low Dose Antigen (LDA) program developed by Dr. Schrader could be expanded to include a wider range of healing possibilities. In addition to its long and excellent track record with allergies of every type, this new tool can be useful for treating Lyme disease and co-infections, and Candida, Interstitial Cystitis and a lot more.

in which case its another form of EPD, LDA etc. not sure of this is safe in MCAD so I have posted about it on the Mastocytosis FB page I am a member of and will post back here what I learn.

girlinthesnow

From the interview linked to above:

in which case its another form of EPD, LDA etc. not sure of this is safe in MCAD so I have posted about it on the Mastocytosis FB page I am a member of and will post back here what I learn.
My experience would indicate that it is unsafe for people with MCADs. Listening to the whole recording he seemed a little vague but also less gung-ho about treating gluten disease (coeliac) but was ok about Crohn's. I feel a little queasy about it.