• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low DHT in women

SaraM

My DHT is out of range, but total and free testosterone are ok. Do I need to do anything about it? Can a low range contribute to our illness?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Is it a lab test specific for women?? because if it isnt then this could be lab range for men as DHT is the part of testosterone that is mostly responsible for male characteristics, gives men their aggression and drive as well as the main ingredient for erections(dont think thats good for women). Too much DHT can cause balding in men and prostate enlargement. I think a low DHT level for women is normal and i would double check to see if the test ranges are for men??

cheers!!!

SaraM

Hi Heapsereal,
I suffer from hair loss and I knew that some women try some of those meds and supplements that usually men use for this disorder. I asked my GP to test me for this.It is a individual test, not a panel, and it does not indicate if the ranges are for men. I also have almost no hair on my lower leg any more ( I know it is a sign of low dhea).

Best