I, too, am a moldie. My first exposure was from 1983-1992.( Prior to that time, I had no health issues. ) At the time I was in 4 buildings, but only one sent me into symptoms. Over the course of time, I had to have ceiling tiles removed, have the mold cleaned up, leave the room for a closet with no ventilation system , visit various doctors, get on a mold-yeast free diet, take medications, change my life style and recover from a twin -twin transfusion pregnancy that nearly killed me while in that building. I was functional until 2003 when I worked in the basement of another building. Silly me..........the water marks on the wall must have had hidden mold and once again I went on a spiraling decline over the course of several years. I never realized that the mold in the wall could be there and affect me. The only way I realized this , the teacher that followed me got sick too in that room. We were both sensitive to molds from the first building. By the time I left, I couldn't even walk. I visited the F&F Centers and they caused a heart attack. Went on disability. Started to recover again and then had a mold slam in my bedroom this past March from a leak that started on a Friday and had a miniature patch from black mold by Sunday. The black mold formed and I immediately got sick within 48 hours of the rain starting the leak. By Sunday morning I was terribly ill and poisoned from the black mold. All the progress I made has evaporated. I have good days, but must be extremely careful or else I get extreme post exertional malaise. I am a severe reactor now. I still feel poisoned from only being around that miniature sized black mold on the wood for a few hours. Does that tell you how powerful mold is and how debilitating it can be???? Lisa and Erik know what they are talking about and have an abundance of expert advice.