Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lorne Trottier Science Symposium:

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Chieftain, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Chieftain

Chieftain

From 39:15 onwards for a few minutes, Trevor Butterworth (author at Sense About Science) acknowledges that CBT and Graded Exercise Therapy may not be useful for CFS/ME patients and that when they looked at the raw data for the trials, the effects were not real.

He says the patients were right to be skeptical!

Keep on keeping on, guys. You know what feels right, don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

MEMum, Old Bones, Daisymay and 13 others like this.
  2. AndyPR

AndyPR Cookies for Tired Sam

Sadly I believe that the UK Sense About Science take a somewhat different view, or at least they refuse to acknowledge there are any issues with PACE, CBT and GET.

Chieftain, Daisymay, Solstice and 4 others like this.
  3. anciendaze

anciendaze Senior Member

Perhaps the U.K. version is called "Sense About Seance", considering its invocation of benefits that are hard to quantify.

Chieftain, Daisymay, MEMum and 2 others like this.
  4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Thanks for letting us know about that. Great to see PACE being used as an example of bad science like this.

5. ash0787

ash0787 Senior Member

Thanks Levi ( took me ages to remember the name, used to be able to remember every single one )

Wasn't really aware of the problems with the scientific community until I got into all this,
    I am a skeptic though and I know how its easy to fool the media and public with psuedoscience.

Chieftain likes this.
  6. Chieftain

Chieftain

Yeah, definitely one of those things you don't notice until you've been immersed in it for a while - then you notice it everywhere. Just one of those things that broadens your worldview and increases your knowledge.

P.S: Good job on remembering the name, Levi's a complete badass!

See more popular forum discussions.