• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lorne Trottier Science Symposium:

From 39:15 onwards for a few minutes, Trevor Butterworth (author at Sense About Science) acknowledges that CBT and Graded Exercise Therapy may not be useful for CFS/ME patients and that when they looked at the raw data for the trials, the effects were not real.

He says the patients were right to be skeptical!

Keep on keeping on, guys. You know what feels right, don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

ash0787

Thanks Levi ( took me ages to remember the name, used to be able to remember every single one )

Wasn't really aware of the problems with the scientific community until I got into all this,
I am a skeptic though and I know how its easy to fool the media and public with psuedoscience.

Thanks Levi ( took me ages to remember the name, used to be able to remember every single one )

Wasn't really aware of the problems with the scientific community until I got into all this,
I am a skeptic though and I know how its easy to fool the media and public with psuedoscience.
Yeah, definitely one of those things you don't notice until you've been immersed in it for a while - then you notice it everywhere. Just one of those things that broadens your worldview and increases your knowledge.

P.S: Good job on remembering the name, Levi's a complete badass!