Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

looking for treatment regiment advice

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Vanguard, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Vanguard

Vanguard

Hello all,

I wanted to post real quick about what meds I'm taking to see if anyone had any advice and to make sure I'm not mixing things I shouldn't. I discuss these with my docs as well but I think running things like this by fellow patients is equally as important. I'm currently taking:

Valtrex 1000 mg/day
    Lauricidin at low adult dose
    Equilibrant 1 pill per day
    Deplin 7.5 mg/day
    low dose of methyl B12 drops
    Zithromax 250mg every other day

Coq10 100mg
    Prosta-Q
    Ginger
    OLE
    Immune boosting vitamins

I know this isn't a huge regiment but coming from a guy who never took any medicine before all of this I just wanted to make sure I'm ok taking this right now. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Vanguard

2. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    It's a lot of things to be taking at once. Did you start slowly and add them so you could see individual reactions?

For example I couldn't tolerate OLE and some immune boosting vits (depending on what they are) could cause reactions as well.

AB's have always been a problem for me until I started taking them with Imunovir.

Hope this helps you.

3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Maybe try to group your treatments and then its easy to keep it in some type of logical order eg symptom management would have
    sleep- meds and supps
    pain relief - again meds and supps
    energy(which could be anything from stimulants to ad's to NADH etc or maybe none at all if cant tolerate them),
    mood if its a problem using ad's again or supps like 5htp or tryptophan.
    Antioxidants eg vit e and c lipoic acid, q10 etc
    Immune system- herbal treatments like astragalus, mushrooms etc immunovir, cycloferon etc LDN
    Specific infections- antivirals and antibiotics and herbal infection fighters.
    Methylation supps if trying that
    hormones-dhea, pregnenolone testosterone, cortisol etc
    other/general health- so maybe something for cholesterol, fishoil etc etc

Im not saying use all these but if u can group things together that treat different systems and aspects of ME/cfs, you dont get lost in taking everything including the kitchen sink, but hopefully a more organised fashion of treatment.

The first system i used was just sleep/pain and energy, that covers the major symptoms of me/cfs, then just taylor it to suit your needs. Good to add things one at a time to judge effects and to take occassional breaks to see if something is still helping you.

cheers!!!

See more popular forum discussions.