• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

looking for treatment regiment advice

Hello all,

I wanted to post real quick about what meds I'm taking to see if anyone had any advice and to make sure I'm not mixing things I shouldn't. I discuss these with my docs as well but I think running things like this by fellow patients is equally as important. I'm currently taking:

Valtrex 1000 mg/day
Lauricidin at low adult dose
Equilibrant 1 pill per day
Deplin 7.5 mg/day
low dose of methyl B12 drops
Zithromax 250mg every other day

Coq10 100mg
Prosta-Q
Ginger
OLE
Immune boosting vitamins

I know this isn't a huge regiment but coming from a guy who never took any medicine before all of this I just wanted to make sure I'm ok taking this right now. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Vanguard

ukxmrv

It's a lot of things to be taking at once. Did you start slowly and add them so you could see individual reactions?

For example I couldn't tolerate OLE and some immune boosting vits (depending on what they are) could cause reactions as well.

AB's have always been a problem for me until I started taking them with Imunovir.

Hope this helps you.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Maybe try to group your treatments and then its easy to keep it in some type of logical order eg symptom management would have
sleep- meds and supps
pain relief - again meds and supps
energy(which could be anything from stimulants to ad's to NADH etc or maybe none at all if cant tolerate them),
mood if its a problem using ad's again or supps like 5htp or tryptophan.
Antioxidants eg vit e and c lipoic acid, q10 etc
Immune system- herbal treatments like astragalus, mushrooms etc immunovir, cycloferon etc LDN
Specific infections- antivirals and antibiotics and herbal infection fighters.
Methylation supps if trying that
hormones-dhea, pregnenolone testosterone, cortisol etc
other/general health- so maybe something for cholesterol, fishoil etc etc

Im not saying use all these but if u can group things together that treat different systems and aspects of ME/cfs, you dont get lost in taking everything including the kitchen sink, but hopefully a more organised fashion of treatment.

The first system i used was just sleep/pain and energy, that covers the major symptoms of me/cfs, then just taylor it to suit your needs. Good to add things one at a time to judge effects and to take occassional breaks to see if something is still helping you.

cheers!!!