1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Looking for clues in old medical records

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by snowathlete, Dec 2, 2012.

1. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I'm looking for clues.

Before ME, the only real serious illness i had was Mononucleocis, so Im looking back at my medical notes from that time back in 1995 when I was 14. I also relapsed a year or so later but I dont think they tested my blood again when that happened.
    So, the first time, If I remember correctly the Dr said I had high White Blood Cells, and that proved I had an infection and from the symptoms it was glandular fever. I dont think I had a specific test for herpes infection. Here are the results I had outside of range, and here are some ranges on wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reference_ranges_for_blood_tests#White_blood_cells_2

WBC [white blood cells -leukocytes] - 13.2 ( X109 /l ) Not sure on the right range but high compared to later tests.

Neurophils [polymorphonuclear neutrophils]- 2.1 ( X109 /l ) 16% of blood

Lymphocytes [T cells, B cells and NK cells right?] - 10.3 ( X109 /l ) 78% of blood
    This seems to be the most obviously high result.
    There is also a note saying "some lymphocytes appear atypical"

For those that have results from when they had Mono, how do these compare?

Thanks

[edit - probably not related, but i see from my records that a couple of weeks before i was prescribed framycetin sulphate eye ointment. Presumably an unrelated eye infection]

2. GcMAF Australia

GcMAF Australia Senior Member

I think i posted some where that there is a lot of Epstein Barr virus in CFS people.
    I shall see if i can find the scientific reference.

See more popular forum discussions.