• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

looking for a kick-ass GI tract/diet doctor

Aerose91

This is the one area no doctor has been able to do quite enough with me. I'm in Connecticut and am willing.to travel, but a reasonable distance. I want to find a doc who will deeply investigate Dysbiosis and gut dysfunction; someone who will do all the right tests. Any ideas?

*GG*

@Aerose91 Have you contacted MA CFIDS for Dr. Referral? Perhaps one of their members/patients would have someone to recommend?

GG

PS Started a conversation with you, not sure my Dr would be what you are looking for, but you can check out the website and call them if you have any questions!

xchocoholic

You can Google integrative doctors in your area. You may have a Naturopaths in your area that do this too. You're looking for someone who knows how to order and understand a cdsa, etc. Comprehensive digestive something?

You might ask the people at a local health food store to recommend someone too.

Some take insurance and some don't. Just to give you a head start, from what I've seen if you haven't already they're going to recommend that you go on the elimination diet. The most efficient way to do this is to eat whole foods. Fwiw, I'd slowly make the change.

Imho, you can try to treat your symptoms on your own but seeing a medical professional who can help guide you or any chronically ill patient is the best way to go.

good luck. x

Last edited:

Aerose91

Thank you for the help.

I'm already seeing Dr Enlander but at 8 months in I'm still getting worse. I feel that he doesn't look at the whole.picture enough so I want someone who will get more in depth and test gi stuff.

I have been doing the GAPS diet for about 3 years now, long before I ever got ME which is why I want a professional opinion- Something isn't working.