1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

looking for a kick-ass GI tract/diet doctor

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by Aerose91, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

This is the one area no doctor has been able to do quite enough with me. I'm in Connecticut and am willing.to travel, but a reasonable distance. I want to find a doc who will deeply investigate Dysbiosis and gut dysfunction; someone who will do all the right tests. Any ideas?

2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    @Aerose91 Have you contacted MA CFIDS for Dr. Referral? Perhaps one of their members/patients would have someone to recommend?

GG

PS Started a conversation with you, not sure my Dr would be what you are looking for, but you can check out the website and call them if you have any questions!

3. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + South East Asia
    You could visit prof. de Meirleir at WPI in Reno, otherwise at his clinic in Brussels, Belgium.

4. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    You can Google integrative doctors in your area. You may have a Naturopaths in your area that do this too. You're looking for someone who knows how to order and understand a cdsa, etc. Comprehensive digestive something?

You might ask the people at a local health food store to recommend someone too.

Some take insurance and some don't. Just to give you a head start, from what I've seen if you haven't already they're going to recommend that you go on the elimination diet. The most efficient way to do this is to eat whole foods. Fwiw, I'd slowly make the change.

Imho, you can try to treat your symptoms on your own but seeing a medical professional who can help guide you or any chronically ill patient is the best way to go.

good luck. x

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  5. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Thank you for the help.

I'm already seeing Dr Enlander but at 8 months in I'm still getting worse. I feel that he doesn't look at the whole.picture enough so I want someone who will get more in depth and test gi stuff.

I have been doing the GAPS diet for about 3 years now, long before I ever got ME which is why I want a professional opinion- Something isn't working.

See more popular forum discussions.