1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Longitudinal study of physical activity & BMI among persons with unexplained CF -2005

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

93% of the patients in this study actually had CFS. It's disappointing they didn't simply use their data and make it a CFS paper

This isn't particularly exciting but I just read it and thought I'd post the info somewhere.

2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Aside - interesting given the PACE Trial authors to claim scores of 60+ were in the normal range:
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

This isn't clear at all from Table 1 but presumably is to do with missing values.
    They give little figures of the progression of every patient - one figure when the BMI went up and one when it went down. Not particularly exciting but there is only one big change: one person's BMI went from just under 45 to around 30: I'm guessing they either went on a brilliant diet or else had some sort of surgery.

The change in BMI probably isn't that interesting as they later say:
  4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

What attracted me to this paper was that they said it disproved the deconditioning there.

Here's what they found on this:
    (energy expenditure was not measured objectively but using a questionnaire asking about activity levels)

5. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

BMI
    and
    There is some speculative stuff in the paper e.g. gaining weight is bad, people should try to lose weight and exercise programs might help as they have shown to work, but I can't copy everything and I'm not sure there's anything too conclusive in this paper anyway.

See more popular forum discussions.