1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Longer term rifaximin use

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Gary1001, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Gary1001

Gary1001

Australia
  2. Waverunner

Waverunner Senior Member

The longer you use an antibiotic, the higher the chance for resistance gets. The same is true if you use an antibiotic for a too short period of time e.g. 1 or 2 days.

The problem I have with Dr. Myhill is her overall treatment approach. Eat a stoneage diet with lots of raw or slightly cooked vegetables, take lots of probiotics and take some supplements. If it was that easy, a lot of PWCs should be healed by now.
  3. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    There is a post on pr about a gastroenterologist who does this. It's "gidoctoctor.net". I just bumped it. He also uses erithromycin.

Dr myhill only starts her patients out that way. Then she gets into specialized testing. She refers to
    more intensive tests and treatments as "bolt ons". It's not possible to cure everyone of cfs. Some of us have
    permanent damage esp if we've been untreated for years. I can see now that my brain probably isn't going to heal.
    Most of my neuro symptoms have but my ataxia comes back immediately with certain drugs or supplements.

Integrative / fundtional
    doctors do the same thing. Dr wahls, dr mark hyman, etc are examples. Evidently this is all some pwcs, and I use tyat term loosely, need to do.
    Until we divide pwcs into subgroups, there will be those who only need this treatment. Or to treat
    nutritional deficiencies, h pylori, parasites, etc.

Tc .. X

See more popular forum discussions.