• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Longer term rifaximin use

Waverunner

The longer you use an antibiotic, the higher the chance for resistance gets. The same is true if you use an antibiotic for a too short period of time e.g. 1 or 2 days.

The problem I have with Dr. Myhill is her overall treatment approach. Eat a stoneage diet with lots of raw or slightly cooked vegetables, take lots of probiotics and take some supplements. If it was that easy, a lot of PWCs should be healed by now.

xchocoholic

There is a post on pr about a gastroenterologist who does this. It's "gidoctoctor.net". I just bumped it. He also uses erithromycin.

Dr myhill only starts her patients out that way. Then she gets into specialized testing. She refers to
more intensive tests and treatments as "bolt ons". It's not possible to cure everyone of cfs. Some of us have
permanent damage esp if we've been untreated for years. I can see now that my brain probably isn't going to heal.
Most of my neuro symptoms have but my ataxia comes back immediately with certain drugs or supplements.

Integrative / fundtional
doctors do the same thing. Dr wahls, dr mark hyman, etc are examples. Evidently this is all some pwcs, and I use tyat term loosely, need to do.
Until we divide pwcs into subgroups, there will be those who only need this treatment. Or to treat
nutritional deficiencies, h pylori, parasites, etc.

Tc .. X