• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

long term deficiences in CFS patients: Richvank

aquariusgirl

Hi, Rich said that in PWCs who had been sick a long time, 3 things tended to run low......B2, Biotin &??
I think the third item was B6. Anyone know for sure? Anyone got a link to his post on this?
I have googled & can't find it.
Thanks.

Lotus97

aquariusgirl
I did a site search for all of Rich's post on biotin. Here's a link to all the threads where he mentioned biotin
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?search/6212836/&q=biotin&o=date&c[user][0]=113

BTW, alpha lipoic acid will deplete biotin so you want to make sure you're supplementing with biotin if you're taking ALA or R lipoic acid.

Some people aren't able to convert B2 and B6 into the coenzymated/active forms. There are companies that sell R5P (coenzymated B2) and P5P (coenzymated B6) that can be orally and Source Naturals sells coenzymated sublinguals which are labeled Coenzymated B2 (rather than R5P). They sell coenzymated sublingual B1, B2, B3, B5 (labeled Pantethine rather than B5), and B6/P5P. B2/R5P and B6/P5P are going to increase methylation so I'd recommend starting at a low dose. That's why I like the Source Naturals' sublinguals because you can cut them in half or even 1/4.

Lotus97

Hi, Rich said that in PWCs who had been sick a long time, 3 things tended to run low......B2, Biotin &??
I think the third item was B6. Anyone know for sure? Anyone got a link to his post on this?
I have googled & can't find it.
Thanks.
Did you find out what it was? I think it might have been B6, but that's just a guess.