1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine Biobank

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by Jenny, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
    I saw my immunologist at the Royal Free Hospital today. He invited me to contribute blood samples for a project looking for bio-markers in ME. It's likely to start in about 6 months time.

I assume it's this:

http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/eph/nphir/research/cfs-me/index.html

(Could be something entirely different, but he did mention UCL as a collaborator.)

I suggested including an assessment of Mannose Binding Lectin deficiency, since I and others seem to have this, and he replied that they would look into it.

Sounds promising, but I hope they're building on all the previous attempts to develop a biomarker.

Jenny
  2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Sounds very promising indeed Jenny - thanks for posting. (Bit hopeful approaching GP's for any ME numbers - doubtful if it is getting diagnosed still in too many parts).
  3. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Thanks Jenny. Do you think you will accept the invite? Let us know when you hear more about the study particulars, won't you? :)
  4. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Thanks that's interesting. That's where I was first diagnosed.
  5. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Thanks Jenny - interesting stuff and looks like they might actually get somehwere in the uk with finding immune abnoramlities etc, which we can hopefully wave in front of our GP's.
    Meanwhile in Wales we have no dedicated services whatsoever - ive only ever seen a GP and thats a handful of times.
    Looking forward to better times, Justy
  6. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
    I've already accepted informally. They'll give me the details at my next appointment in Oct.
    Firestormm likes this.
  7. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Am wondering if it will be for the biobank. Look forward to hearing more from you. Good luck!
    justy likes this.
  8. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London

See more popular forum discussions.