August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lomatium (anti-viral)

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Dreambirdie, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Has anyone here tried lomatium? It a strong anti-vial herb.

2. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I almost tried it in early 2014 with my former naturopath but she said in rare cases it can cause a very severe rash (where you'd need to go to the ER for treatment) and since I am prone to rare side effects, it scared me not to try it! I also stopped seeing the ND and went another direction with treatment so never discussed it with her in great detail.

Dreambirdie likes this.
  3. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Thanks @Gingergrrl I have not had any issues with rashes. It is very strong though, but not sure how effective in the long run.

Anyone else here tried it...?

Gingergrrl likes this.
  4. themjay

themjay

I tried it for 3 months last year. I was very scared because of all the worry about all over body rash etc but I started slow and worked up - Unfortunately I had no response positive or negative

Dreambirdie likes this.
  5. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

I had a severe rash! It freaked me out.. never had a rash that bad.. Glad you had a good ND; mine treated me like I was nuts

Gingergrrl likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.