1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Logic 101 and XMRV

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by alex3619, Jun 1, 2011.

1. floydguy

floydguy Senior Member

There is no neutral source of any news.
  2. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    having fun, Floyd? ;) That's true, too.
  3. floydguy

floydguy Senior Member

Sorry, I spent my early career in politics and public policy...:(
  4. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    I'm laughing (in merriment, not at you), not complaining
  5. illsince1977

illsince1977 A shadow of my former self

Mark, everyone steam rolled Wakefield, even On The Media on NPR, in the guise of covering it as a cautionary tale in which The Media should be warned not to be unduly swayed by vaccine alarmist hysterics in the public, if you can believe it! I was truly appalled at them as I have been with NPR's and PBS's coverage of both ASD and ME/CFS.

But I stray from the thread topic, and yet I don't. Bias distorts research and research design. The general public doesn't understand basic logic, much less the application of that to research methodology. It is apparently left to us as unintentionlly interested parties to keep reminding them of that. It should be the scientists' job, but they fall prey to bias as well. They are human too.
  6. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    My background (Uni) includes Logic too - noted it was far removed from a real "universe" of experience of things from which higher thoughts spring.

See more popular forum discussions.