Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Load of nonsense article (has a comment section)

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Kyla, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Kyla

Kyla ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ

Canada
    http://www.knoxnews.com/entertainme...-2b0a4052-0603-3ec3-e053-01000-367827461.html

Note there is no evidence or references given for anything in this article. He does make sure to reference our favourite bigot, Shorter

2. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Best ignored. The write up belongs in National inquirer along with Aliens from Space shot JFK.

JaimeS likes this.
  3. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    He's read a book by Shorter and is now trying to sound clever. Unworthy of notice.

4. Old Bones

Old Bones Senior Member

@Kyla I agree. Dr. Phil Kronk looks foolish in having chosen to quote and report on the opinions of Dr. Edward Shorter as presented in his long out-of-date (1993) book "From Paralysis to Fatigue: A History of Psychosomatic Illness in the Modern Era". I'd forgotten about this "gem". Fortunately, Amazon.com includes only eleven customer reviews -- an indication that few people have read it. Of those reviews. 55% gave it a 1-star rating, with an averaged rating of 2.5/5. Most of the low ratings are recent -- 2015. The more positive reviews are not so current. So, it seems some progress is being made with respect to accurate understanding of ME.

5. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

Sadly, Shorter never got the memo.

CantThink, meandthecat and Old Bones like this.
  6. chipmunk1

chipmunk1 Senior Member

a few gems:

9/10
    10/10

7/10

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  7. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    I misread that as "a few germs" which seems appropriate.

See more popular forum discussions.