• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Llewelyn King Show On ME/CFS

PNR2008

My experience with CFS/ME is no doubt not much different than many others who are hanging to life by a thread and it seems never to get better. As soon as I get one problem solved another one pops up. It could be pain, medicines that no longer work, medicines that are hard to get, doctors that leave or worse die, new symptoms that become another disease.

Since 1988 I have been searching, struggling for answers and a better life and had to be glad that I could still fight even though it made me sicker. Now after being caught in the housing crisis of 2008, taking a great loss on a house I lived in for 30 years, paid it off and become bankrupt I had to move to a stair-less home, now I must move again to less costly digs in the 28th year of my illness at the age of 66.

To give an example of my suffering, I'm in the process of seeing other places and even though the three homes were close and easy to get thru, I returned to my current place exhausted and unable to sleep. This is a bad sign for me and the next day becomes a three Vicodin day of writhing pain, little eating or getting out of bed. I am devastated to a level that before this disease I would feel death yet I must recover to a point of doing it all over again.

My government has failed me throughout this life-long hell. There is no help for a person who used to be productive and solvent. This is becoming a story with an unhappy ending and possibly soon I may join the ranks of tombstones with cute little sayings of grief and hopelessness.

Llywellan King says it right when he said "you will be sick for the rest of your life".

Who would have ever thought?