Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Llewellyn King: "Research Funding: Scientists Fear as the Sick Despair"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Webdog, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member

Hadn't seen this posted yet. Llewellyn King covering paltry ME/CFS research funding again on the White House Chronicle.

http://whchronicle.com/cuts-threate...disease-once-called-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

ahimsa, Dolphin, Jan and 24 others like this.
  2. trishrhymes

trishrhymes Senior Member

3. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Hibernating

South Australia
    Cutting the NIH funding is an excellent way to damage the momentum and major competitive advantage that the USA has over other countries...

Webdog, Valentijn, RogerBlack and 3 others like this.
  4. RogerBlack

RogerBlack Senior Member

Indeed.
    Even a 'cheap' lifestyle drug at say $2K for the mildly afflicted to fix them, for a million people is a couple of billion dollars return.
    Add in the reduced spending on healthcare and improved tax revenue from this group, and it's rather a lot more.

5. HowToEscape?

HowToEscape? Senior Member

There won't be a $5 million cut, that's just Donald style of starting with something outrageous.
    A 100% cut to NCCIH would be a great thing though. There's already been about 20 times (that's 2000%) as much spent on research attempting to legitimize bull s--t as has been spent on us.

See more popular forum discussions.