Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Livestreaming of Action for ME AGM and conference on Friday, 18 Nov 2016

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by Sasha, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member

I don't think AFME have real clout, I think it's just window dressing, presumably Sonya hoped to make connections in USA with the recent trip. It sounds impressive but I think they need to look at all the things that need addressing in these shores. 2 years ago their annual conference was on severe ME, why dont they campaign on that? We just hear grand but empty end the injustice talk. AFME should stay as an info and support national group which they probably do reasonably well, their current title obscures the reality that on many fronts we don't have much action for ME.

Solstice, AndyPR and Wildcat like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Is that your guess, or an announced policy from AfME? Could be either!

3. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

Cinders66 likes this.
  4. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member

Thanks, I hadn't seen that

5. Wildcat

Wildcat

@Esther12 .... Sonia or one of the other staff stated that Pace would not be discussed or questions about it answered at the conference.. words to that effect. Subject closed as far as AFME concerned..

A.B., Solstice and Esther12 like this.
  6. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

They are so appalling that I can barely believe it.

Lets collaborate, unify and join together by ignoring the key research scandal affecting patients today!

paul80, trishrhymes, Solstice and 6 others like this.
  7. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

this sort of thing screams business marketing. A way of keeping the money flowing without having any product of value. It's a belief system. Feel inspired.

See more popular forum discussions.