• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Liver, Spleen Pain Jabs - Neuropathy ?

rosie26

I don't know what was going on with my liver in the Severe years, I used to get a stab-like pain right in the liver. It happened often. I also used to get it in the spleen as well. But the liver one happened much more often. I don't seem to get them now. I wonder if those pains could have been Neuropathy pain ?

I wonder this as I get other stab/jab like pain in other areas of the body still - like my big toe :rolleyes:and other odd places - feels like an invisible person is injecting me with a needle.

Last edited:

manna

i used to have a "stitch" in my liver constantly (like a sharp pointy pain). not sure if thats the same? i relieved it by using an electro-acupuncture device. it was really very uncomfortable and bothersome and the release following treatment was amazing. it had been there for years. i think this maybe be different though. it was more the back of my liver and i treated it on my back. interesting, maybe, that the spleen meridian starts on the tip of the big toe. hence why it governs energy flow to the extremeties...the end of the big toe being the furthest point from the heart.

Thinktank

How long does the pain last? Does it come in intervals or is it continuous? Does it happen when you move around or eat certain food / taking supplements?

Have you ever had your upper abdominal checked out with x-ray + echo or MRI / CT? If not better do so especially because you have been experiencing discomfort for a longer period.

The pain you are describing can be caused by many things. Enlargement of the spleen and liver (hepatosplenomegaly) due to an underlying infection for example can cause such stabbing pains.

I've had unspecific hepatosplenomegaly for many years with liver lesions and cysts in both lobes. Since starting my lyme treatment + GcMAf and nexavir i've not experienced any pain or discomfort in that area so in my case it's probably being caused by an underlying infection or elevated inflammatory mediators. Maybe borrelia?

An x-ray is not ideal but highly affordable. Better to follow up with an upper abdominal echo or do a MRI scan.

rosie26

How long does the pain last? Does it come in intervals or is it continuous? Does it happen when you move around or eat certain food / taking supplements?

Have you ever had your upper abdominal checked out with x-ray + echo or MRI / CT? If not better do so especially because you have been experiencing discomfort for a longer period.

The pain you are describing can be caused by many things. Enlargement of the spleen and liver (hepatosplenomegaly) due to an underlying infection for example can cause such stabbing pains.

I've had unspecific hepatosplenomegaly for many years with liver lesions and cysts in both lobes. Since starting my lyme treatment + GcMAf and nexavir i've not experienced any pain or discomfort in that area so in my case it's probably being caused by an underlying infection or elevated inflammatory mediators. Maybe borrelia?

An x-ray is not ideal but highly affordable. Better to follow up with an upper abdominal echo or do a MRI scan.

It happened while lying down, I can't really remember if it happened when I was upright. I finally did get it checked out about 6 years into ME. You know how it is with ME - so many major symptoms going on - that was one symptom I kept putting to the side :rolleyes: But as I said I finally had it checked out by ultra sound and they checked all over the abdomen - both sides. The gall bladder was empty. They checked kidneys and aorta or something, I am sure he looked at the spleen as well. He really took his time and looked everywhere so if there was anything to find I think he would have found it.

Glad you are doing better. I couldn't afford MRI. I haven't had that liver pain for quite a while now so I think it was something to do with the severe years hard out stuff.