Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Liver Flush and Biotoxins

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by ChrisD, Apr 22, 2017.

1. ChrisD

ChrisD Senior Member

East Sussex
    About three weeks ago I undertook the infamous Andreas Moritz Liver Flush, involving fasting, drinking epsom salts and later before bed a concoction of Olive oil and Grapefruit Juice. In the morning I passed a lot of stones, some people are sceptical as to whether this is a real detox process, in the morning I felt kind of tired as I hadn't really slept properly BUT I felt surprisingly clear and managed to get up really easily and do more activity than usual. Unfortunately I rushed into things a bit quickly and didn't really pace myself, I just got too excited with the sudden energy I had. Anyway the effect lasted for a few weeks, waking up in the morning without stiffness but with mental clarity and a reduction in symptoms.

I have kept up a detox protocol of Epsom salt baths and a clean diet but interestingly a large patch of Eczema formed around my midriff (near liver) and it has been persistent despite skin care, I wondered if anyone thinks that maybe I have awoken a store of toxins in my liver and that they are now present in the bloodstream or that the skin condition is a sign of an underlying presence.

The good effects of the liver flush have kind of worn off but it was definitely worthwhile and raised my health status slightly, I have less TMJ/cracking jaw and cracking joints now... any thoughts?

This post may be better suited to alternative therapies so feel free to move it :)

Wayne and Forebearance like this.
  2. rijichouno

rijichouno

Liver flushes benefit you the same way cholestyramine does - by forcing the body to flush its bile (the "stones"), you can effectively reduce fat-soluble toxins.

You may have read this, but it often takes 10 flushes or more to see long-lasting benefit.

I don't know what the eczema/TMJ could mean, unfortunately!

ChrisD likes this.
  3. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi Chris,

One of the best and cheapest ways I discovered to support my liver is to buy a pound of milk thistle seed, and make a tea out of it. You can get it for $17 bucks at Amazon. A pound lasts a looooong time. It's a nice pick-me-up in the morning for me.​

ChrisD likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.