• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Live YouTube Q&A Broadcast with a Younger Lab Researcher on March 3--send questions now

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Younger on Lyme in ME: ´many patients with ME may have an active bacterial infection. Those with a raised body temperature in particular should look into this.´
He also said something like it is possible that you no longer have an active infection but the immune system still thinks you do and reacts inappropriately.

msf

I know, but the table I posted only included patients with culture-confirmed Lyme.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
He is also talking about doing "independent-of-the-NIH" fast track fatigue and pain trials. He would need about $4 million for this I think I heard.

SB_1108

They said that there would be a recording available in about 4 hours--if I remember correctly. He also plans to do something like this about once a month since they couldn't begin to answer all the questions that came in.

Do you know where the recording will be available? Did they say?

usedtobeperkytina

As an aside, the Southern accent is definitely my favourite American accent.
Well, in listening to the recording over and over again as I edited it to get the sound in sync (an unexpected technical problem I have to fix), I got tired of my accent. I seem to be sounding more southern as I get older. When younger, although raised here, most people here thought I was from the North. I spoke with clear diction. And my family roots are a father from Vermont and a mother from Birmingham (which is a different accent from rural south or mountaineer south).

But, people from the North always picked up on the southern sound. Did you know many companies prefer southerners for their customer service reps because of the perceived friendliness of the southern accent? Now, if we can get people to stop associating the southern accent with ignorance.

It's also nice to put in a southern American accent into the ME/CFS expert community. Just a little tip, you might hear a southern accent in Dr. Younger, too. Although he came to UAB from Stanford, he grew up in a very small town in Tennessee.

Last edited:

JAH

Terrific video, thanks for hosting and posting. Nice to put a face and voice to your handle.

Very impressed by Younger, and hopes he gets his 4 mil., let us know when that fundraising begIns. So frustrating when guys like him have the ideas, equipment, people, just need $...thanks again Tina