• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Live tweeting from IiME conference, Friday 3 June 2016

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
This is so exciting. We are getting clues to Davis's research! Biotin deficiency, how interesting. TCA you expect as it makes so much sense, but biotin as a potential biomarker? Awesome.

If I were well enough and able to attend I'd run up and give the man a massive hug, but I'd get kicked off stage :D

Interesting Ron is mentioning trauma and shutdown of mitochondria. Sounds exactly like CDR from Naviaux to me. Which makes so much sense.

B

Sasha

Fine, thank you
This is so exciting. We are getting clues to Davis's research! Biotin deficiency, how interesting. TCA you expect as it makes so much sense, but biotin as a potential biomarker? Awesome.

If I were well enough and able to attend I'd run up and give the man a massive hug, but I'd get kicked off stage I expect :D

B

There are probably bouncers - he's the Mick Jagger of ME research now!

Undisclosed

Ron Davis has finished. Answering questions about Whitney. Lots of eating difficulties -- needed PICC line. Lots of things haven't worked for him. Had to have biotin via the PICC line. He can't have many things because they aren't sterile, so therefore can't be given.