• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Live tweeting from IiME conference, Friday 3 June 2016

Gingergrrl

Thank you @Kina @Sasha and everyone else posting updates. Got up super early to read this b/c am seeing neuromuscular doc shortly and I think the info from Prof Schiebenbogen's research and the calcium ion article will be very helpful for me to mention re: the treatments she is studying.

Also to Sasha, there is another thread on PR (can't access it now b/c on way to appt) in which Dr. Bansal said the UK trial might not happen b/c of negative anecdotes re: RTX. Am greatly paraphrasing and when I find it, I will correct this post to make it more accurate but maybe that was also why audience was laughing!

I really hope the UK RTX trial happens, that would be great for our whole community.

Undisclosed

Thank you @Kina @Sasha and everyone else posting updates. Got up super early to read this b/c am seeing neuromuscular doc shortly and I think the info from Prof Schiebenbogen's research and the calcium ion article will be very helpful for me to mention re: the treatments she is studying.

Also to Sasha, there is another thread on PR (can't access it now b/c on way to appt) in which Dr. Bansal said the UK trial might not happen b/c of negative anecdotes re: RTX. Am greatly paraphrasing and when I find it, I will correct this post to make it more accurate but maybe that was also why audience was laughing!

I really hope the UK RTX trial happens, that would be great for our whole community.

From what I have been hearing today from Ian Gibson, sounds like there will be a UK trial of Rituximab -- probably highly dependent on further positive results from Fluge and Mella

Other good news -- bed bound patients are now being assessed in their homes which is vital -- seems to be in Norfolk.

The biomarker talks were very encouraging -- once we have a biomarker the BPS -- blame the patient BPSers who say we keep ourselves sick will have to find a new group to pick on -- maybe themselves because they manufacture a whole bunch of stuff constantly.