• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Live tweeting from IiME conference, Friday 3 June 2016

Bob

I looked at the TRPM3 expression study and do I understand right that they may have figured out a piece of the immune dysfunction puzzle? NK and B cells are starved of calcium because they aren't making enough calcium ion channels for some reason.
That's my very preliminary understanding of it as well. Except i think they say it may potentially apply to all cells, and not just the specific ones they've tested.

Undisclosed

@Kina, thanks so much for all the info. Are you enjoying being at the conference? Is there a good atmosphere? Is it you're first IiME conference?
It's very tiring but other than that all is good. Great atmosphere of people working together on our behalf. Have seen a few forum members here. J. Edwards, Charles Shepherd, Dan Peterson, and many others are here. No, not my first conference.

shannah

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hornig: Inflammatory cytokines activate the kynurenine pathway - tryptophan becomes that instead of serotonin. <a href="[a href=" ">June[/a] 3, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

shannah

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hornig: A large portion of healthy people have autoantibodies against brain components, not always pathological. <a href="[a href=" ">June[/a] 3, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

shannah

Just thought I'd jump in to help, since Kina was tiring and things were moving quickly.

Sorry about the messy posts though. Not sure if I go back in to edit out all the periphery if it will remove the tweet or not.