Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Live feed of 12/13 January CFSAC Meeting

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by Sasha, Jan 11, 2017.

1. shannah

shannah Senior Member

Pathetic - Don't they think we know how to divide?

Anybody know what the reaction in the room is - from Carol or others?

NexusOwl and Rrrr like this.
  2. mfairma

mfairma Senior Member

No one. Just me making a joke about how 30 million seems kind of impressive, but then isn't when spread over 5 years.

Zombie_Lurker, BurnA and Rrrr like this.
  3. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

Assistant Sec. of HHS DeSalvo sounds committed to us! So sad she is leaving. Thank you to the ME activists who met with her!

usedtobeperkytina likes this.
  4. Nielk

Nielk

5. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member

Nielk likes this.
  6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Argh... I don't like the idea of being obliged to add WebEx to my computer (?) to listen to this thing - it says WebEx can read and change all your data on the websites you visit. I don't know what that means but I don't like the sound of it. I wish they'd put this up on YouTube.

7. Nielk

Nielk

Eileen Holderman's CFSAC comment - https://relatingtome.net/2017/01/13/eileen-holderman-cfsac-comment-january-13-2017/

Excerpt:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    BurnA, Jennifer J, actup and 2 others like this.
  8. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    I want to share how important these public comments are. This is for a couple of reasons:
    1. For those who serve on the committee, and ex officios, who know the disease, they may get frustrated with the challenges in getting some progress. I remember one committee member, when his term ended, said he often thought about quitting the committee. Yet, hearing the desperate stories of what it's like for the patients kept him on, knowing the committee is the only way to get the government's ear.
    2. There are always new people coming on as ex officios or committee members. They need to be educated. It may be a slow way to do it, but when an individual has any interest or connection to the disease, they need to be informed of what the disease is and its impact. Only patients can describe this.

mango, Jennifer J, actup and 4 others like this.
  9. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Kati and trishrhymes like this.

See more popular forum discussions.