• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Live feed of 12/13 January CFSAC Meeting

Sasha

Fine, thank you
If audio really is only via the phone that's a transatlantic phone call so I think I'll just wait!

Rrrr

very hard to listen to a conference call with my brain issues -- and hard to tolerate the CDC spokesperson say how much great work the CDC has done for "cfs" when you know that in reality they are being complete jerks and not changing their website or medical education to reflect the downfall of the psych theory (i.e. the downfall of the PACE study etc). given that exercise HURTS ME patients, it is atrocious that the CDC keeps telling the world that exercise is a good treatment for us.

Nielk

CDC is preparing videos with the experiences of patients acted out by professional actors.

Nielk

Wow - they attended a meeting on May 26, 2016 - follow up of P2P meeting on research needs and gaps.

Kati

Patient in training
The phone line quality is really poor. Some of the speaker I could not understand. It is extremely hard to concentrate- I will turn off the lime following NIH update.

This is not an accessible meeting. And yes @Denise feel free to share my comments. And thank you.

JayS

I'm using Google's Voice app for the audio on my computer. I had almost given up & decided to try that. The process for installing the Cisco app just to see the slides was not easy & ultimately absurd. But Google Voice is working for the audio for the moment. The icon for it is next to the Hangouts icon on my Gmail page.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Is it okay for me to collect people's comments about access in this thread and submit them to CFSAC?
@AndyPR @Sasha @Neilk @Kati others @Rrrr

Fine by me! Bear in mind, though, that the CFSAC is a US govt group and they're not obliged to consider the problems of overseas patients in accessing their meetings live. It might be better to stick more closely to the concerns of US citizens who are having problems.

Kati

Patient in training
Carol Head killing it! Talking about the big elephants in the room- the public health crisis and how CFSAC has no traction at HHS- only 7% of the CFSAc recommendations are approved and acted upon.

Last edited:

mango

CFSAC%20jan%202017%20carol%20head%20SMCI%201_zpsdtsxxkdy.png

3_zpssomszvef.png

4_zps7u1sa4tk.png

2_zpsgo06fxxx.png