The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. Jimbo39

Jimbo39 Senior Member

San Deigo, CA
    Dr Amy seems pretty adamant about supplementing with lithium as it "plays a role in the transport of B12". She also mentioned "it competes with iodine." Should someone with thyroid problems be taking it? I don't think I can afford "frequent HMT, blood tests" to ensure everything is in balance.

2. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    Yasko is not a reliable source of information. She has made serious errors in interpretation of scientific studies, makes claims for SNPs which actually do nothing and promotes myths based on dubious assumptions.

Maybe you should look for some alternative sources of information.

Valentijn likes this.
  3. L'engle

L'engle moogle

Canada
    I'd be careful with it. At least one other person besides me has had side effects that lasted several months from taking quite small amounts of it. You can actually get trace amounts of lithium from some mineral waters like San Pellegrino. This may be a safer way to go. I think it does improve b12 transport but it does a host of other unpredictable things as well so sticking to trace amounts would be my advice. I've written on other threads about lithium as have others, if you search for it in the archived threads.

Valentijn and Chocolove like this.
  4. Jimbo39

Jimbo39 Senior Member

San Deigo, CA
    Yasko is not a reliable source of information. She has made serious errors in interpretation of scientific studies, makes claims for SNPs which actually do nothing and promotes myths based on dubious assumptions.

Maybe you should look for some alternative sources of information.

That's why I'm here. I want to try FREDDDS protocol. Ive read it several times but seemed to have lost it. When I searched for it I came up with 129 posts. Does anyone have the link? I think Greg wrote it. Was it fredd or Rich who wrote that certain things need to be taken care of before starting the protocol? All I can remember is gut problems.

5. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    Chocolove and L'engle like this.
  6. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    I also am hypothyroid and take 50 micrograms of synthetic T4, which works for me. I had great results from 5 mg Li Orotate daily for about a year or two, then it started making me very sleepy. I thought, what the heck - take it at bedtime. Then it totally messed with my dreams/sleep. I think I made up for whatever I was lacking and am done with it for now.
    NutraHacker is also not necessarily a good source of information, but of my top 100 SNPs, 10 of them said something like "may benefit from lithium". I decided to try it just on the preponderance of the SNPs with that comment. Glad I did. Glad I stopped. I'd try it again if depression started slipping in for unknown reasons.

Valentijn, Chocolove and Mary like this.
  7. Jimbo39

Jimbo39 Senior Member

San Deigo, CA
    Thanks. I'll bookmark the protocol. I only want to take L. If it'll help transport B12 tho I do have depression. Stupid questions: how do I highlight quotes and how do I do the @ thing i.e. @so and so. Just type @ and the person's name?

8. L'engle

L'engle moogle

Canada
    @Jimbo39 Yes you just start typing someone's name and a drop down list should appear.

Do you mean highlighting as in bolding or turning something into a link?

9. Jimbo39

Jimbo39 Senior Member

San Deigo, CA
    @L'engle Um, I mean when it shows up in light orange and in the top left corner it says so and so said.

10. Jimbo39

Jimbo39 Senior Member

San Deigo, CA
    @Mary Thanks for the link but I was looking for the long one that's almost like an interview. I believe Greg's asking Freddd questions about his protocol.

11. L'engle

L'engle moogle

Canada
    @Jimbo39 I think you mean the multiquote option, between the like and reply buttons.

12. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois Prairie ❀❤✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿❤❀

Midwest, USA
    If you use the 'Reply' or '+Multiquote' buttons at the lower right of the post, you will get the whole post quoted in your reply.

If just want to quote part of a post
    :
    select that part of the post
    you will see '+Multiquote' and 'Reply' below your selection
    click on the one you want

13. Jimbo39

Jimbo39 Senior Member

San Deigo, CA

14. Jimbo39

Jimbo39 Senior Member

San Deigo, CA
    It worked