• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lithium Orotate

pspa123

Bringing up old thread. There is a so called integrative psychiatrist in my area james greenblatt who has written a book touting lithium orotate as basically a panacea for every brain issue there is. Claims in thirty years he has never seen a single side effect. I dont pretend to know more than he does but this just sounds so suspect to me. Book is called nutritional lithium the cinderella story. Interviews with him all over the internet.

prioris

Bringing up old thread. There is a so called integrative psychiatrist in my area james greenblatt who has written a book touting lithium orotate as basically a panacea for every brain issue there is. Claims in thirty years he has never seen a single side effect. I dont pretend to know more than he does but this just sounds so suspect to me. Book is called nutritional lithium the cinderella story. Interviews with him all over the internet.

I would call it the most powerful brain nutrient ever if you are deficient in it. I noticed my neuro transmitters are more stable. Probably a lot of his patients are deficient in that nutrient. If one is deficient in lithium, one will have a lot of brain problems. It's right at the top of the check list of things to try when the brain is malfunctioning. Look at it in the same way zinc is to the prostate and boron is to the parathyroid.

jepps

I would call it the most powerful brain nutrient ever if you are deficient in it. I noticed my neuro transmitters are more stable.

Yes, and there is an actual study, that says, that lithium protects the brain, and could be a key against dementia:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319102.php

"That said, the prospect that a relatively safe, simple, and cheap intervention (i.e., optimizing lithium concentrations in the drinking water) could lead to the primary prevention of dementia is a tantalizing prospect," they write.

prioris

Diet is about what you eat, absorption and metabolizing. Some people are fine. Others are not.

If one isn't deficient then one will not get any benefits by taking it BUT

the problem is determining whether one is deficient. there really isn't any practical test.

lithium serum blood levels don't mean much. there isn't any noninvasive diagnostic available that will determine tissue deficiency unless one wants their brain and other organs biopsied and analyzed. probably even that won't be enough.

whats the best way to determine if some mineral will help - try it. if it does nothing, you move on.

it's very cheap if one buys the 120 mg (4.6mg elemental lithium) tablets which can be broken up. the nice thing is that it only took me about a month or so taking one a day. this built up my tissue levels. after that i rarely need to take it. last time i took a capsule was 6 weeks ago just for the heck of it. i have no idea what maintenance levels are. At the given rate, the same bottle I started with should last me a very long time.

side effects - a few people are sensitive so try small dose for couple days. the lithium doctor website discusses it. toxic dose is taking 120 bottles of 120 tablets in one month.

Putting it in drinking water is just more insanity.

Last edited:
Very possibly - however I become very toxic on minimal doses of b6 supplements - so far, all forms I have tried introduce b6 toxicity which has been documented in blood tests. Again, trying to sort out my b vitamins has been a bit of a pain. I'm trying to sort out if there are some cofactors I can add to enable me to take B6 supplementation. I also struggle with even the minimal amount of magnesium as a supplement (severe explosive diarrhea) or as an oil (hives) - even though I can soak in epsom salts - which I'm doing as I'm hoping to get some balance that way (low electrolytes from years of diarrhea from ME/CFS).

Hi know this is an old post, but I too a, having severe symptoms of toxicity and nervous systm issues after only a small amount of B6. Such as invoulentary movements as I try to fall asleep which are scary, and insomnia. Didn't yours go away and do you know how long it took?

The only other time this has happened was after I went to the dentist, had fillings and anesthesia, and I had the same invoulentary limb movements that lasted a year and a half. I did take a B vitamin complex at this time as well, but think it was the nano particles in the fillings crossing the blood barrier. The B6 issue also has insomnia and the jerks extend to my face and jaw which didn't happen the first time.

Freddd

Hi know this is an old post, but I too a, having severe symptoms of toxicity and nervous systm issues after only a small amount of B6. Such as invoulentary movements as I try to fall asleep which are scary, and insomnia. Didn't yours go away and do you know how long it took?

The only other time this has happened was after I went to the dentist, had fillings and anesthesia, and I had the same invoulentary limb movements that lasted a year and a half. I did take a B vitamin complex at this time as well, but think it was the nano particles in the fillings crossing the blood barrier. The B6 issue also has insomnia and the jerks extend to my face and jaw which didn't happen the first time.
You increased b6 if that caused more symptoms, those are telling you for more nutrients, usually methylfolate and/or potassium about 90% of the time. Usually the correct nutriment added will affect it's deficiency symptoms within hours.

You increased b6 if that caused more symptoms, those are telling you for more nutrients, usually methylfolate and/or potassium about 90% of the time. Usually the correct nutriment added will affect it's deficiency symptoms within hours.
Ok I actually tested for high potassium levels, and I have COMT and CBS genes were I need to avoid excess methylfolate and extra methyl doners. I do eat foods that contain natural folate however. Is there a test that can determine if you do not use or are low on methyl folate

Rufous McKinney

I used to live in southern Oregon near Ashland, which has a park called Lithia Park. I didn't realize it at the time, but the water up there is known for being high in lithium
I'm laughing @Mary.....you missed that detail?

thats the first thing you do when arriving in Ashland: go drink some Lithia water...(and then, go see the swans)

Mary

Moderator Resource
I'm laughing @Mary.....you missed that detail?

thats the first thing you do when arriving in Ashland: go drink some Lithia water...(and then, go see the swans)
Glad I made you laugh but this was a long time ago, 1981, in my former life pre-me-cfs, Before I knew basically anything about health!

But the attorneys I worked for in Ashland were the most mellow I had ever worked for. I'd come from Southern California law firms which were very intense, Very serious, Very stressful!