Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

lithium experiences

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by leaves, Jul 6, 2011.

1. heyitisjustin

heyitisjustin Senior Member

I take it 3x/day. 10 mg with breakfast, 5 with lunch and 10 with dinner. It might be worth experimenting with size/number of doses (I have to do more myself). Please let me know if you find anything else out

2. TJ_in_UT

TJ_in_UT

Sounds good. I might try 3x daily next week, but I'm going to see how well I do with 2x for now.

3. Iritu1021

Iritu1021 Breaking Through The Fog

Lithium affects thyroid hormone deiodination. It made my TSH go up at the same time as T3 went up and T4 went down.
    I doubt that it was the timing of the day that affected your response. More likley is that you had a transient T3 hyperthyroidism and then your pituitary downregulated thyroid synthesis. How are you feeling now?

4. TJ_in_UT

TJ_in_UT

Right now, "tired but wired" again, but that's probably because I took a biofilm-busting enzyme too late in the day today. I seem too have many irons in the fire to always know what caused what, but my intuition always seems to sort things out eventually.

5. Iritu1021

Iritu1021 Breaking Through The Fog

I know what you mean - same here, I've never been good with just "one thing at a time". Good luck with your experimentation!

TJ_in_UT likes this.
  6. TJ_in_UT

TJ_in_UT

Yeah, guilty as charged.

7. hangininthere

hangininthere

USA
    My son and I take over-the-counter Lithium Orotate occasionally as needed for a day or two for our bipolar disorder. We just need it every few months or so, not often. We take one pill - "5 mg. (from 125 mcg. lithium orotate)" as it says on the pill bottle.

I take it when my thoughts are racing or grouchy. He takes it when he starts to go into a manic breakdown agitation. It snaps us both out of it same day. Lifts our mood to normal.

I've noticed that since taking Lithium Orotate occasionally as needed, I laugh at inane comedy movies and shows that I thought were stupid before. A pleasant improvement in my mood that lasts in between doses.

I don't take anything with Aspartate in the name on a regular basis, because it means it's an exitotoxin and will make me feel manic jittery in a bad way in both mind and body.

Only take Lithium Orotate.

Not Lithium Aspartate or Lithium Arginate.

I just remembered, I take a Multi-Amino Acid supplement once a week for my brain fog when I need to 'wake up' a bit for shopping. It has aspartic acid and arginine in it, both are exitotoxins. Once a week works, but if I took it every day I suspect I'd get too hyped up.

I get my Lithium Orotate from Vitacost site online.

A high dose of Magnesium Oxide snapped me right out of a 3 month long herbal-induced depression once - 1,000 mg. at bedtime. I just use the cheap magnesium oxide and it works for me.

I tried daily Magnesium Aspartate recently and got jittery and manic from it being an exitotoxin. I won't regularly take anything with aspartate in the name of it anymore, now that I know what to watch out for with that.

I use Kelp pills for iodine for a thyroid level boost. My friend had a severe reaction to it, that fight or flight feeling, after just one dose, and the reaction lasted for weeks, so can't take it for her hypothyroid.

Anything that gives me a bad reaction I stay off of forevermore. Except if it's a herx reaction, I just back off of it to let my system clear then can take it again sometimes successfully.

There was one supplement that I tried years later that now helps instead of hurts, but I forget which one it is now. So a re-try can work sometimes.

Once-a-day multi-vitamin and mineral pills always make me sick all over, just can't take them.

Patti

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018 at 10:12 AM
  8. TJ_in_UT

TJ_in_UT

It would be nice to be able to enjoy "inane comedy movies and shows" instead of feeling annoyed (or vicariously embarrassed).

hangininthere likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.