• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

List of Yasko/nutrigenomics practitioners?

trollo

April Ward-Hauge does get patients sent to her by doctors and she is so busy she has not been taking new patients for several months now. I had a consult with her (extensive and detailed) and don't agree with everything she suggests, but she does know a heck of a lot about methylation, gut issues, etc.

Why didn t u agree with her suggestions? Was the consult expensive? I thought she offered just a 'flat' fee for the therapy of more than 1000$ and no single consults...

P.S. how can you value her knowledge, are you a Doctor or something?

helen1

@trollo, her fee was $1200 for analyzing my test results and health history, consulting for 1.5 hrs via Skype, writing up a long and detailed 2 year plan many pages long and a follow up email consult. I sent her 22 questions for the follow-up email and all were answered in detail. She also seems like a kind person. It does seem like a hefty fee, however I feel I got a fair bit out of it. I've modified my protocol according to most of her advice.

What I didn't agree with was her suggestion to use supplements containing chelators such as EDTA and ALA while I still have 9 fillings in my mouth and the use of adrenal glandulars and other glandulars (am trying to get a nutrient breakdown of these before taking them, as I suspect they have quite a few B vitamins in them).

In response to your question about how I can know if she's knowledgeable or not, like many people on this forum, I've been studying biochemistry, genetics, etc, to try to recover, and can tell if someone knows what they're talking about in relation to my health issues. As you may have noticed, you don't need to be a doctor to be able to do that.

trollo

@trollo, her fee was $1200 for analyzing my test results and health history, consulting for 1.5 hrs via Skype, writing up a long and detailed 2 year plan many pages long and a follow up email consult. I sent her 22 questions for the follow-up email and all were answered in detail. She also seems like a kind person. It does seem like a hefty fee, however I feel I got a fair bit out of it. I've modified my protocol according to most of her advice.

What I didn't agree with was her suggestion to use supplements containing chelators such as EDTA and ALA while I still have 9 fillings in my mouth and the use of adrenal glandulars and other glandulars (am trying to get a nutrient breakdown of these before taking them, as I suspect they have quite a few B vitamins in them).

In response to your question about how I can know if she's knowledgeable or not, like many people on this forum, I've been studying biochemistry, genetics, etc, to try to recover, and can tell if someone knows what they're talking about in relation to my health issues. As you may have noticed, you don't need to be a doctor to be able to do that.

What can i say.. i think that asking 1200$ for ONE consultation (even if 1 hour and a half) is almost criminal, these should be the fees of the Doctors of the Hollywood stars. The impression i get is that as they get more requested by desperate people they rise their fees to the sky. What i find outrageous is that they say in their website that their fees are reduced to the minimum to help normal people...

"In response to your question about how I can know if she's knowledgeable or not, like many people on this forum, I've been studying biochemistry, genetics, etc, to try to recover, and can tell if someone knows what they're talking about in relation to my health issues. As you may have noticed, you don't need to be a doctor to be able to do that."

Well from your words it seems we can become all doctors or biochemists simply by studying on the web, so why the hell a few idiots spend their money to study at Colleges??

helen1

I agree, it seems like a lot. However, the fee was not just the 1.5 hrs Skype, it was a 20 page, long-term plan based on all the test results I'd sent her, plus the follow up. Just want to make that clear, to keep it fair to April. I think she does a good job.

I don't understand your comment about people studying on the web. Do you see that as a problem?

bel canto

My experience with April - I'm certain that she spent more than ten hours in preparation for our consult and the extensive writeup, explanations, and plans that she did for me. In addition, the email followup will no doubt add a couple of hours. She has clearly made a major time investment in understanding the genetics information available to date, including Yasko, Rich, MTHFR.net, etc. - I'm very grateful that someone with her medical-related background is so interested in the methylation and energy cycles and the nutritional complexities of folks with non-optimal snp's.

My personal opinion is that I received excellent value for the $.

trollo

"I don't understand your comment about people studying on the web. Do you see that as a problem?" Yes it is a problem if one begin to overestimate is ability; it's very easy for a person who has a partial and improvised education to amaze ignorant people; there are various degrees from the 'nothing' which is the classical patient, to the 'something' that is like you and me who read a few on the web, to a cheater who has 'some knowledge' but not enough to be a serious professional to the 'real' professionist. These subjects (biochemistry, genetics, medicine etc) are so complexes that there are more degrees of expertice we can imagine. So, yes i think that a person like you or me is not really able to valutate the expertise of a practitioner unless he's so ignorant that he say such bull**** that we obviously understand he s an ignorant. This indeed happens not so rarely, anyway.

trollo

My experience with April - I'm certain that she spent more than ten hours in preparation for our consult and the extensive writeup, explanations, and plans that she did for me. In addition, the email followup will no doubt add a couple of hours. She has clearly made a major time investment in understanding the genetics information available to date, including Yasko, Rich, MTHFR.net, etc. - I'm very grateful that someone with her medical-related background is so interested in the methylation and energy cycles and the nutritional complexities of folks with non-optimal snp's.

My personal opinion is that I received excellent value for the $.

Well, how can you actually quantify the amount of time she dedicate to you ?? Where you there while she was working? About the mail follow up: Helen1 spoke about 22 questions; well 22 questions can be included in just 1 simple e-mail. It was NOT 22 emails but 22 questions. And what if after begining therapy you got side effects from supps but you already asked 22 questions? Do you give to her another 1200$??

Mullan is all about the money.... wouldn't recommend her.

Hard to find a practitioner who is educated about gut and methylation more than you...

This is a very old thread,I'm a former patient of April Ward Hauge,she stopped practicing.
I'm left without a doctor.

Does anyone know anyone?

Anybody know what happened to greenshots ? She was her patient,but she's not active in the forum anymore?

Thanks