1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

List of nominees to the IOM panel by patient groups and advocates

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by Nielk, Nov 4, 2013.

1. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    ooo… what is this requirement that 'the panel be highly competent in the issues'? It seems that a panel of mostly non experts would not be highly competent in the issues, if by 'the issues' they mean the issues they are to decide, i.e. an MEcfs case definition.

I think it's obvious that people aren't only worried about a situation in which there is not one person with ME clinical experience, but the apparently ok by their own rules situation of having only a very few ME clinicians.

2. justinreilly

NYC (& RI)
    Jennie, thanks for making a FOIA request for the contract. I was starting to do that and now I have one less thing to do.
    : )

jspotila likes this.
  3. justinreilly

NYC (& RI)
    I sent some questions to Carol Head, new CAA CEO. I asked who CAA nominated for the IoM panel and whether CAA nominated or endorsed Suzanne Vernon for the GWI redefinition panel. Her response on these topics:

Not happy to see them nominating non-experts in ME.

Very disappointed in Dr. Komaroff for nominating Dr. Vernon.

Nielk likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.