Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

List of nominees to the IOM panel by patient groups and advocates

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by Nielk, Nov 4, 2013.

1. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the P2P! Adopt "ME" & CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    ooo… what is this requirement that 'the panel be highly competent in the issues'? It seems that a panel of mostly non experts would not be highly competent in the issues, if by 'the issues' they mean the issues they are to decide, i.e. an MEcfs case definition.

I think it's obvious that people aren't only worried about a situation in which there is not one person with ME clinical experience, but the apparently ok by their own rules situation of having only a very few ME clinicians.

2. justinreilly

NYC (& RI)
    Jennie, thanks for making a FOIA request for the contract. I was starting to do that and now I have one less thing to do.
    : )

jspotila likes this.
  3. justinreilly

NYC (& RI)
    I sent some questions to Carol Head, new CAA CEO. I asked who CAA nominated for the IoM panel and whether CAA nominated or endorsed Suzanne Vernon for the GWI redefinition panel. Her response on these topics:

Not happy to see them nominating non-experts in ME.

Very disappointed in Dr. Komaroff for nominating Dr. Vernon.

Nielk likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.