• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

List of ME/CFS abnormalities explainable by the GD-MCB hypothesis

richvank

Hi Rich,

one more for your list is nk dysfunction which i thought was a biggy.
Also failure of T-lymphocytes to be stimulated, does this mean low T cells? As my t cells and some others i know have had hi numbers, from other stuff i have read is that cfsers have abnormal t-cells ie high or low t-cells numbers. I recently read where it may not be a numbers thing just like nk cells but a matter of function. Maybe for myself im producing more t-cells to compensate for their poor function or even producing more to compensate for poor nk function.
Also from this dysfunctional immune system comes herpes virus reactivation for many like ebv, cmv hhv6 etc. and bacterial infections, or just co-infections in general.

cheers!!!

Hi, heapsreal.

Thanks for the comments. I've got the deficiency of perforin secretion in the list as number 15, and I think that the low cytotoxicity of both the NK cells and the cytotoxic T cells is due to their low perforin, as Kevin Maher (who was in Nancy Klimas's group) reported a few years ago. I probably should spell that out. I've got viral reactivation in the list as number 9. It may be that more T cells are being produced to compensate for their poor function, as you suggest.

Best regards,

Rich

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Hi, heapsreal.

Thanks for the comments. I've got the deficiency of perforin secretion in the list as number 15, and I think that the low cytotoxicity of both the NK cells and the cytotoxic T cells is due to their low perforin, as Kevin Maher (who was in Nancy Klimas's group) reported a few years ago. I probably should spell that out. I've got viral reactivation in the list as number 9. It may be that more T cells are being produced to compensate for their poor function, as you suggest.

Best regards,

Rich

It all turns into a viscious circle i guess with perforin defiency comes interferon problems which then effects cd lymphocytes and nk cells. U can start to get lost when looking into the different immune dysfunctions.
The bigger study to this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12536237 has only just finished so will be interested to see their final results of dim and bright nk cells, i also was told that they are doing cytokine studies that havent been done before in cfs as well as a few other things that werent elaborated on. The role of this study i believe was to find a diagnostic test for cfs i hope they continue to look into ways of improving our immune system, maybe using the glutathione depletion model.

cheers!!!