1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

List of conventional and potential treatments for POTS/OI

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by ramakentesh, Feb 8, 2012.

1. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    xrayspex, I think it is very possible that they were doing Shire (the maker of midodrine) a favor. Smaller, innovative biotechs usually have a tougher time with the FDA which I think is corrupted (like most govermnent entities) and needs reform. To reject a drug that has been in use in Japan for over 20 years doesn't make much sense to me, but the FDA is clear when they say they do not take foreign trials or experiecnes into account. It's usually the patients who suffer, I am not for treating everything with drugs (though Northera is close to a natural compound occuring in the body) but the patient should have the choice, esp. with conditions not well understood and where there are unmet needs such as OI.
    sensing progress, ahimsa and xrayspex like this.
  2. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Thanks, ramankentesh, great list!
    ahimsa likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.