1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

List of CFS doctors that prescribe Valcyte

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by OnlyInDreams, Dec 27, 2011.

1. OnlyInDreams

OnlyInDreams

Southern USA
    Can anyone provide (or at least contribute to) a list of CFS doctors that will prescribe Valcyte? I know for a fact that only a select few will actually prescribe a long-term prescription for Valcyte.

My goal is to find a CFS doctor that:

1) Prescribes Valcyte for my CFS.
    2) Accepts my health insurance as an In-Network provider.
    3) Operates in or near my area.

So I guess if I had a list of every doctor (in the US) that prescribes Valcyte, I could cross-reference them with my insurance carrier. Would you be so kind as to provide as many names (and locations) of doctor's that you're aware of? Or, If there is an existing list, could you drop me a link? Thanks!
  2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    I had a Dr prescribe me Valcyte. Contact me if you are in my area. otherwise I think your list could get to be rather large and unmanageable.

GG
  3. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Where do you live?
  4. OnlyInDreams

OnlyInDreams

Southern USA
    I live in North Carolina.
  5. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Dr. Black at Hunter-Hopkins has prescribed Valcyte. It was prescribed based on labwork indicating re-activated EBV and current HHV-6 infection. This was in 2008, so I'm not sure if they stlll use it as a current form of treatment.
  6. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Dr. Derek Enlander in NYC will prescribe it after lab test results of viral tithers shows a need but, you would have to travel to NYC.

You can get in touch with him at: denlander@aol.com

See more popular forum discussions.