• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

List of brands to follow Rich Van K's simplified protocol

Does anyone have a list of brands of supplements I can use to follow Rich's simplified methylation protocol? The supplements seem to have moved on since Rich listed the protocol.

I'm struggling with cognitive issues at present (sinus infection) and am having trouble following Amy Yasko's site, and then trawling through iHerb's webpage with dozens/hundreds of hits for each type of supplement.

If I use methyl cobalamin do I have to get sub-lingual lonzenges, or is an oral dose absorbed OK across the stomach? Enough anyway for the purposes of the protocol to work?

Anyone willing to share what they use? I'd prefer to buy from one source if possible but know that isn't always possible.

Thanks

caledonia

Does anyone have a list of brands of supplements I can use to follow Rich's simplified methylation protocol? The supplements seem to have moved on since Rich listed the protocol.

I'm struggling with cognitive issues at present (sinus infection) and am having trouble following Amy Yasko's site, and then trawling through iHerb's webpage with dozens/hundreds of hits for each type of supplement.

If I use methyl cobalamin do I have to get sub-lingual lonzenges, or is an oral dose absorbed OK across the stomach? Enough anyway for the purposes of the protocol to work?

Anyone willing to share what they use? I'd prefer to buy from one source if possible but know that isn't always possible.

Thanks

Yasko's Holistic Health All in One multi can be substituted for the General Neurological Health formula. It has lecithin and methylfolate and folinic in it, and a lot of other co-factors, so you don't need several of the other things Rich has listed.

However, the B12 in it is oral, which is useless, so you should add sublingual B12 (hydroxycobalamin or methylcobalamin, and then adenosylcobalamin). Yasko sells liquid sublingual versions of all of those. The liquid is convenient as you only have to hold it under your tongue for 30 seconds.

This is actually what I'm taking. Take it easy with the All in One - it's very powerful. A full dose is 6 capsules per day. I'm taking 1/64 of one capsule, two days a week. I have the B12's titrated down to 1 mcg drops.

Despite these tiny doses, I'm getting some very promising results.

You will likely have to add potassium. Be sure to have some nicotinic acid form of niacin on hand before you start.

See the documents linked in my signature - "Start Low and Go Slow" and "Roadblocks To Successful Methylation". There is more detail to what I discussed here.