1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

List of all biotoxins, heavy metals and poisons

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by knackers323, Sep 15, 2013.

1. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Anyone know where I can go to find lists of all the things in the environment that could get into the body and cause damage? The list would be endless I know.

I was thinking that maybe instead of looking for some biological thing like a virus or bacteria it might be worth looking for some other thing that is foreign to the body?
  2. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    Rather than that I would look into your past and see what could have entered your body, what where you doing when the onset. For some people it was a vaccine, for others an infection like mono. In my case I have long suspected it was aluminum in an antiperspirant, but is just an hypothesis. The timing is correct though as I started to get really worse some months after starting using it heavily almost everyday. I used it aprox for two years, didnt notice at the time that it could be poisonous. And lots of stress and some strong emotional pain/trauma at the time of onset as well.
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Past life experience give you the most important clues as to what toxins you may have as Beyond says.

Hair, urine and blood tests are useful as they will identify the most common toxins. Unless you know you were exposed to a particular toxin/chemical etc. then these would be your best place to start IMO.

A hair sample I did a couple of years ago showed high levels of arsenic - at the time I was eating vast amounts of rice but was unaware of the link - so these can can be useful.
  4. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Past life experience give you the most important clues as to what toxins you may have as Beyond says.

Hair, urine and blood tests are useful as they will identify the most common toxins. Unless you know you were exposed to a particular toxin/chemical etc. then these would be your best place to start IMO.

A hair sample I did a couple of years ago showed high levels of arsenic - at the time I was eating vast amounts of rice but was unaware of the link - so these can can be useful.
  5. knackers323

Hi, yeah that is the thing, at the time I couldn't work out anything I'd done out of the ordinary. Just one day I woke up with extreme stomach pains. I had always put these cramps down to a biological infection but maybe it wasn't so I am trying to think what else it could be. I'm thinking maybe some food I ate was contaminated with something other than a virus or bacteria?
  6. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
    Your particular case may correlate with Dr. Chia's assertion that stomach/enteroviruses are implicated in ME/CFS -- if you haven't already you can review those threads in the forum here. There are some good YouTube videos interviewing him as well.
    Antares in NYC likes this.
  7. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Look up the specific foods and the problems they might pose. But I wonder how far back you'd have to go.
  8. knackers323

Hi yes maybe, I have had a low enterovirus group titre before but the Dr said almost everyone would have this.?

Do you know of any members on PR that have tried his treatments or know what it involved?
  9. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    If you do
    If you do a google site search for Dr. Chia you will find posts by his patients and their comments on their treatment.

Sushi
  10. physicsstudent13

physicsstudent13 Senior Member

It's my theory that sugar and alcohol damages the liver so it can't process these toxins. so maybe chelation and serrapeptase are needed? I started to have chronic fatigue, severe sleep apnea and asthma after working in a polluted environment with lots of car exhaust, smoking, without clean drinking water and developed NAFLD where the liver is damaged by fatty deposits and inflamed. the liver creates neurotransmitters and melatonin through methylation and sam-E and myelin (demyelination diseases are serious).
  11. knackers323

Has treating the liver or methylation helped?

See more popular forum discussions.